New feature or is it already possible? adjustable fadetime & luminance szene

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Ollipankow2
Operating System: Mac OS X

New feature or is it already possible? adjustable fadetime & luminance szene

Post by Ollipankow2 »

Hello
I have a setup with about 30 LED fixtures. In DasLight4 I have set up about 20 scenes with different colors and a fadetime of 4 seconds between scenes. As far as I know, there is only an on/off option for the fadetime or is there any possibility to set the fadetime to actual fader to be able to manipulate the fadetime between scenes in a live environment?

As a second question: Is there an option to make luminance or brightness scenes to add on top of a color scene? To explain it: I do have 20 scenes with different colors, so I can set a color scheme for all my LED´s now I want to add chases over my color scheme.
I know I can create a scene for that, but I don´t want to create 5 or more chases for 20 color scheme totaling at a 100 scenes. What I want is 20 scenes for color an 5 chases for brightness.

is this already possible?

thanks! :)
jake
Operating System: Windows

Re: New feature or is it already possible? adjustable fadetime & luminance szene

Post by jake »

Hi,

if you don't have other fixtures and you want the brightness to affect all your LEDs, you could use the master dimmer for this. However, as far as I know (and as per reply from admins to my post), it is not possible to apply such a dimming effect in live mode, if your fixtures don't support such a function on their own.
Ollipankow2

Re: New feature or is it already possible? adjustable fadetime & luminance szene

Post by Ollipankow2 »

In my setup I do have some MovingHeads and some PAR Cans for white light.
I almost never touch the Masterfader.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Sadly, if you intend for 2 scenes to act on your fixtures' color channels, you won't get a "merged" result. You will only get the color values from the last triggered scene showing.

Although, this is a good idea for potencial next versions of the software. I'll add it into our list of future ideas.
Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Ollipankow2

Post by Ollipankow2 »

Thanks for the response :)

Back to my first Question: is there any possibility to set the fadetime to actual fader to be able to manipulate the fadetime between scenes in a live environment?
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

No, sorry. Sadly this feature doesn't exist in Daslight4. I'll add it to our list of ideas for future versions.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500