Functionality: Pagability

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

jake
Operating System: Windows

Functionality: Pagability

Post by jake »

This is about MIDI controllers with page functionality, such as the Elation Midicon 2. This is a common feature on almost all the hardware controllers I have seen. I haven't quite figured out how to archieve it in Daslight.

I realize how this might be tricky to code, since the Midicon sends the same MIDI-code, regardless of what page it's currently on. But maybe this would be archievable in Show-Mode. Currently, it seems that it is not possible to create a button that toggles to the next or previous page. In my imagination, a button like this could be triggerable with the Page up and down buttons and maybe there would be a checkbox that let's me decide that I want the current page to absorb all the midi codes thrown at it, meaning that while the current page shows in Show-Mode, a MIDI code that triggers a button on this page doesn't get passed through and trigger other scenes or buttons on other pages or in Live mode.

I really hope that I expressed myself well enough for other to understand what I mean. English is not my native language, so also apologies for mistakes.
TomHat

Re: Functionality: Pagability

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this. Sadly this is an option that has never been implemented in Dalsight4. We haven't planned on implementing it in this version of our software as it would take a lot of resources, which we prefer to invest on improving the software's stability.

You can still use your MIDI console as if it was only using one page, though.

Again, thank you for your feeedback, have a great day.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500