Functionality: Stage Size / Fader Limit

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

jake
Operating System: Windows

Functionality: Stage Size / Fader Limit

Post by jake »

Hello everyone,

I've been a long time user (since Version 2 actually), and I like the software a lot, but this is actually my first post to the forum, because I am missing some features, or, I have just not found them for years :D

My question concerns the possibility to add effects to scenes. On other systems it is possible to have a fader or wheel to control the size of the stage, or how far the faders are allowed to go in a scene that can be controled live.

I imagine it like this:
I create a scene for a Moving Head, and define a step with the tilt set to 0 and a second one with the tilt on 255. Now during my live show, I move a control and the head only moves from 50 to 200 for example. Like, I cut the way the tilt fader can go on maximum and minimum. When creating a scene, I can control this with the Size, Phase and Offset sliders in the curve effect generator. But in Live mode, when a scene is running, I have no control over this anymore.
Would be nice to have it in order to decide weather i want the heads to move on stage only or also across the crowd, or maybe just above the crowd's heads.

Another example on where to use this feature would be a dimmer for fixtures that don't have a seperate dimmer channel. I could think of a par can that has only 3 channels, one for each color. Now I create a scene that does a nice chase effect. However, I want to have a strobe effect on a flash button. With this feature, I could create a scene that has two steps, one where this "limiter" is off, and one where the maximum value for each channel is 0. Now I have a strobe effect for a fixture that doesn't natively have one built in, and also activate it while the chase effect is running.

Either I haven't found out how to do it yet, or there is currently no way to do this, in which case it would be nice to see something like this in a future release.

I will open another thread for another question / feature request in order to be able to discuss them seperately, but it admins feel it should be just one thread, please feel free to merge :wink:
TomHat

Re: Functionality: Stage Size / Fader Limit

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

As for you other post (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5460), thank you for your feedback. Sadly, Daslight4 doesn't offer this feature, however usefull it would be. We will take it into account when designing potencial future versions of this software, though.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500