DasLight Crashes and long Save & Loading by big projects

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

PMServices
Operating System: Mac OS X

DasLight Crashes and long Save & Loading by big projects

Post by PMServices »

Hello DasLight Team, have some problems with crashes. I have the newest RC 02.08.2018 Installed on Windows 7 System, with i5 4570 3,2Ghz, 16GB RAM, SSD HD, Intel HD Grafics 4600. Next to DasLight i use Resolume Arena.

I see, when i use DasLight as Ambilight (no changing Szence) it Crash after 30 min Around. When i work with it (Midi Controled by NI Maschine MKII) it stay longer. Around 2-3 Hours. I'm not sure if its a problem, when i use Resolume Next to Daslight. Sometimes i dont have problems. But now i have a realy big projekt.

The big Project is the next problem. It need around 15 Minute for Saveing und around 3-5 Minute for Loading. Is there anyway to made this Faster?

Do you realy work for a better and stabil DasLight or working vor DasLight 5? Because, there are so many Bugs with Effektgenerator, Saveing Effekts and Crashes and most of time only small updates. I hope you can help me
PMServices
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: DasLight Crashes and long Save & Loading by big projects

Post by PMServices »

No Support? I think the crashes, long load & saving project, will be a problem of to high projects. My project have around 160mb and some Szene inside. When i use a better system like my macbook pro it will be faster.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbj410tduoicb ... 9.dvc?dl=0

But i need an answer if Daslight can fix this Probleme or not?
TomHat

Re: DasLight Crashes and long Save & Loading by big projects

Post by TomHat »

Hello,
I can assure you we're working on a more stable version of our software. If you'll allow me, I will actually send you a private version for you to test and let us know if your crash problem was fixed in it.

About the save/load time of big projects, I'm afraid there is not much we can do about it. It has already be greatly improved in the past, and we cannot accelerate it anymore unless we remove some important saved data.
We will work on a better way to store shows in the future, though, for next versions of our software.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500