Daslight 4 Hue Curve Effect Bug

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

futterneid

Daslight 4 Hue Curve Effect Bug

Post by futterneid »

Hey there,

with google or the forum search function I dindn't find anything similar so let's hope this isn't a real bug.
I'm using the 02/08/18 release of Daslight 4. As far as i can see this is a software problem.

When creating a curve effect, i tried to use the 'all - hue' option to fade randomly between colours. While editing the effect, it works just fine but when generating the steps, just a single step is created with a fade time of 0:04 and a wait time of 4:56.
This step contains no effect, all selected fixtures remain dark.
This behaviour occurs with all kinds of LED fixtures. I noticed, this also doesn't work with "all - saturation" or "all - brightness"
The Compressio is set to low.

Best,

futterneid
TomHat

Re: Daslight 4 Hue Curve Effect Bug

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

futterneid wrote:i tried to use the 'all - hue' option to fade randomly between colours

I'm not sure I understand correctly what you're trying to do here. The "HUE" sine effect will affect the color that has been set on the fixture. You cannot use only this "HUE" sine effect.

So here is my question : Where do the colors come from while you test the effect in the generator ?
- Other effect ?
- Other scene running ?
- Static color set in the editor ?

The same goes for "all - saturation" and "all - brightness" effects.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
rspitt
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by rspitt »

Hello, i have the same problem. Curve effect with "all hue" option produce only one step with fade time 00:00:04 and hold time 00:04:96, all fixtures are black.
Im trying make effect with the dimmer at 0% (full light) and full red channel open on all fixtures. The preview effect working fine, but the result is as described above.
For example, if i try make curve effect with same settings but with another option (all-saturation or all-brightness...) the effect is created correctly.
Edit: see the video - https://www.dropbox.com/s/fe15aop4ilo9c ... t.mov?dl=0
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

I think I can see what's causing your issue:
In my previous message, I mentionned that the "HUE", "SATURATION" and "BRIGHTNESS" effects are actually using the values you have already set in the "sliders" view.

In your video, you're doing it perfectly right :
- Set your base values (color + dimmer)
- Then create your effect, that'll affect the color hue only, and the dimmer values as you had set them

But when you generate your effect, you don't click "include set levels", so the effect is generated with NO base values.
The result of this is :
125 identical black steps compressed into one 5sc black steps.

This is not a bug. All you need to do is to check the "include set levels" box before generating your scene.

Include Set Levels.png
Include Set Levels.png (38.37 KiB) Viewed 5467 times

Another tip : If you later decide that your scene should not affect dimmer after all, you can always just set the channel mode to OFF in your scene after you've generated it (by clicking the mode button).

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500