Color wheel problems

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

RProductions
Operating System: Windows

Color wheel problems

Post by RProductions »

Hi there,

Im using a number of daslight interfaces for several years now from dvc1. now im using the dvc4 gold gzm. Butt im running against Some problems lately where i cant work around. First problem i have, when i use the Color wheel in show mode on my rgbw led strips its working fine. When i switch back to the warm white button i created, it is not switching the Color wheel off and mixing it with the warm white. I cant figure it out why. I created a button (reset groep) before going back to warm white. That works fine. Second problem, im also using rgbwa fixture and created the same situation as problem 1 butt the release button is not working here. It only works on the fixtures that are selected on that moment in the editing mode. Problem 3 im also using dmx led dimmer for the ceiling lights, i created several buttons for dimming several Parts of the room. When i push the button for example Room 1 the button says its on, butt the lights are off. Push it again off/on it works, when i have the lights on for area 2 and switch area 3 on, it switches area 2 off. When i program it, it seems to work. When i save the program it changes. Im using the latest version software. I hope you can help me.

Kind regards
TomHat

Re: Color wheel problems

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

RProductions wrote:When i switch back to the warm white button i created, it is not switching the Color wheel off and mixing it with the warm white

I think you need to manually set the colors from your colorwheel to black if you don't want your color channels to get mixed up. Colors and warm white aren't on the same channels, so they don't actually overwite each other.

RProductions wrote:im also using rgbwa fixture and created the same situation as problem 1 butt the release button is not working here

I am going to assume your "reset group" button is a shortcut to the "reset family" LIVE button. This feature only resets values for the current family of fixtures. This means that if you hit this button while the software currently shows the "RGBW" family tab, it will only reset your "RGBW" fixtures.
However, what you could do is to create a scene containing only colorwheel values (to BLACK color, I'd say) and to create a button to trigger it instead of the "reset" buttons. I'm not sure this is the answer you were looking for, so please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

I'm going to need your showfile for the 3rd problem.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500