Moving heads steps won't play with other scenes

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

rpomygal
Operating System: Windows

Moving heads steps won't play with other scenes

Post by rpomygal »

Two moving heads that work fine when playing a scene with only those fixtures, including steps. When using that same scene from another scene that jumps to multiple other scenes, the heads will come on, with correct color, gobos, etc, but they will not play the steps! The scanners are used in the same way are no problem when activated from the master scene with the multiple 'jump to' scenes. If I click the scene with the jump to scenes the heads will start moving only if I click on that single scene for the moving heads, then, if I click on any of the other scene, the heads will stop moving (steps will stop) and they will return to their idle position. I've been unable to get around it. Is it something I'm doing incorrectly? The scenes are setup the same as the scanner scenes. I don't see any issue with the fixture file as the heads work fine when selected by themselves. Again, it's only the STEPS that stop... the lights remain on, just no movement or anything controlled by the step sequence!
Benno

Re: Moving heads steps won't play with other scenes

Post by Benno »

Hi rpomygal,

Can you PM me a short clear screen grab video along with your showfile so I can understand exactly what is going on? Kinds regards
Benno
--
Product Support
rpomygal
Operating System: Windows

Re: Moving heads steps won't play with other scenes

Post by rpomygal »

Resolved. Thanks for your help, Benno. I knew it was something I was missing when the test show worked fine!