Bugreport: MIDI Mapping not responding

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

soenkePKS
Operating System: Windows

Bugreport: MIDI Mapping not responding

Post by soenkePKS »

Hey,

we now bought an Behringer X-Touch mini to control our Daslight Show. In general that works fine but there are some difficulties.
Some times (i.e. after setting an mapping and reloading a show) Daslight live mode is not responding to midi mapping.

And here is how to reproduce (see the linked video at https://cloud.cc-h.de/index.php/s/kBTZ4829WQE5AmS for details)
  1. Create a new show and patch an random device
  2. Swich to live mode
  3. right click on a fader and select "Edit Midi Mapping"
  4. Turn the fader or knob to add mapping (in my case channel 1 number 1)
  5. Save mapping
  6. The mapping is now stored (as you can see by the red dot above)
  7. Open the MIDI Watcher, so you can see, that midi commands are received by daslight for configured channel and number
  8. Turn the fader / knob. The midi commands are received but the fader is not moving.
  9. Move the fader
  10. Now the midi command is working
  11. Store and re-open the show.
  12. Same error again - the faders are not moving until they are moved once by daslight

Two hints on this:
As the MIDI Interface should replace the needs for mouse/keyboard usage and midi mappings are stored in the show there should be no need to click anything when loading a show which is midi-controlled. This caused us a lot of trouble because we hat to click all the faders once to get the midi mapping working.

Sometimes we observerd (and you can actually see this at the end of my video) that after a time turning the fader/knob the faders in Daslight starts turning (you can see that the OFF button turns into LTP) which makes it even more critical, due so this is not only a "is not working" but, but also an "sometimes curious things happen" bug...

Thanks a lot four your support - let me know if you need any further information.

Daslight Version: Aug 02 2018 (18.802.8699.1345)

Regards

Sönke
Benno

Re: Bugreport: MIDI Mapping not responding

Post by Benno »

Hi Sönke, just tested this and get a slight delay and then the fader works. Is this the same for you? It's not too much of a problem as it seems to work okay after a few seconds. However I have made a report to see if the developers can optimise is slightly. Thanks for the feedback. Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support
soenkePKS
Operating System: Windows

Re: Bugreport: MIDI Mapping not responding

Post by soenkePKS »

Hey,

thanks for your reply.

As you can see in my video daslight gets the midi input from the device but nothing happens.
There is not slight delay it simply doesn't work until i've moved the fader in daslight.

Sönke