Previous Mac Installer

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Scrooloose
Operating System: Mac OS X

Previous Mac Installer

Post by Scrooloose »

Hi.

I have a venue who we've installed a rig into, which is being controlled by Daslight 4 plus DVC. They've had loads of problems with PCs and have finally got a mac. However, since I was last there the new version has come out and it's saying we need to update firmware, however hardware manager consistently immediately crashes when booted. With doing the update, the interface won't work.

I've got the old installer, but cannot transfer it to them quickly enough in time to get up and running for their show tonight.

Is there a download location for the old version of the s/w that I can get to immediately please?
Scrooloose

Re: Previous Mac Installer

Post by Scrooloose »

Have managed to sort it by getting dropbox up and running for the last installer. Bit worried that the new version doesn't seem to function properly though.... Running 4 systems on this at the moment and daren't update them.
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi Scrooloose,

That's strange I've tested and use a Mac myself and haven't had any problem with the Hardware Manager. Just to be clear you're talking about the Official 2nd Aug release? What interface are you using?
However, since I was last there the new version has come out and it's saying we need to update firmware, however hardware manager consistently immediately crashes when booted. With doing the update, the interface won't work.
So is HM crashes every-time and you haven't been able to update the firmware? And when you say doing the update you just mean updating the software? Are you opening HM from the Daslight 4 menu or directly from the file location?

Also what OS are you running on the MAC?

Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support
Scrooloose

Post by Scrooloose »

Yep talking about the August 2nd release. Brand new mac with High Sierra. H/W manager crashes instantly whether launched from within the software or directly from the file. This wouldn't really have been an issue if the previous software had been available in an archive...
Benno

Post by Benno »

This is strange as I'm using High Sierra and don't have this problem. Not had any other reports either. Are you able trying a fresh download and a fresh install. Try installing into a different directly if you haven't already. Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support
sergkss
Operating System: Windows

Post by sergkss »

Where to find the archive Daslight Beta Release 24th July 2018 ? Release 2nd Aug 2018 does not detect my device correctly.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Have you tried using a differrent USB cable / port ?
What is your interface's MODEL and SERIAL NUMBER, please ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
sergkss
Operating System: Windows

Post by sergkss »

Hello! Usb cable changed. December 2017 version is working, but August 2018 is not. Siudi7b, n111091.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Please, post a ticket on this page to report your problem :
https://store.daslight.com/fr/support

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588