The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

dorn.christoph
Operating System: Windows

Palette Problems

Post by dorn.christoph »

Hello
some time ago I reported the problem with the pallets in live mode,
Now 2 updates later, the problem is still there. Is this bug still fixed or is there an alternative?
Below I send the text from the first post again:

Hallo, i think i have found a Bug in DVC4, by using the Palettes.

For example, I patched 4 MHs and I want to control them via the Pallets. I've created a separate group for each MH to be able to select each one individually. If I select a group with the mouse and select a color for it, it works perfectly and the devices selected in the group change the color. Even though I patch these colors and groups on a Midi Controller, that also works flawlessly. If I put these colors from the palette but with the ALT key on the show mode, the colors change for all MHS, no matter which group is active, and which Mhs are activated with it. The same problem exists with the gobos.

Another problem is when I patch one of these device groups on the midi controller, I can not turn them on in the show view.

I hope you understand what I mean and would be glad if you could fix these mistakes with your next update.

MFG. Christoph
Benno

Re: Palette Problems

Post by Benno »

Hi Christoph,

No problem if you right click Show Mode to edit you can set the Associations of the colour wheel to 'General'. Then when you select the fader will only control the selected group.

Kind regards
Attachments
Associations.jpg
Associations.jpg (95.14 KiB) Viewed 5364 times
Benno
--
Product Support
dorn.christoph
Operating System: Windows

Post by dorn.christoph »

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, that's not what I meant.
With an RGB Movinghead, this works as described with the color wheel.
My problem is, however, if I have a moving head, which does not work on RGB, but has a color wheel installed, and has the colors on a channel as a preset. When I put these presets on a button in show mode, all devices of the same type react to it, even though they are NOT in a device group and are NOT marked, but they change the color ...
Same problem with the gobos, and also with other channels that work on the presets.

As you can see in the picture, only the groups for MH1 and 2 are active and only MH 1 and 2 are marked, but all 4 change their color if I put the color presets from the palette onto the show mode with the Alt key , and activate it from there.

I hope I have made myself clear.
If you need more information, please contact me, I will answer as soon as possible.

KIND REGARDS. Christoph
Attachments
dvc.jpg
dvc.jpg (208.53 KiB) Viewed 5359 times
Benno

Post by Benno »

Thanks for the information I understand now. This not actually a bug it's just the way the Show Mode works with presets, they are always set to control the fixture family. It would be a nice feature to have the option to set a Show Mode preset to 'General' like with the RGB colour wheel so you can adjust the selected fixtures. I have added this to the future ideas list so it can be considered for a future version of Daslight. Thanks for the feedback.
Benno
--
Product Support