Daslight 4 on Mac: CPU overload

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

miendo
Operating System: Mac OS X

Daslight 4 on Mac: CPU overload

Post by miendo »

Hello,

I'm considering buying a DVC4 Gold interface, so I'm currently testing Daslight 4 on my high-end MacBook Pro (2.9GHz i7 with 16GB RAM).

Everytime I launch Daslight the CPU starts skyrocketting like crazy and stays well over 100% usage all the time (causing the fans to go full speed), until I quit Daslight.

I also tried it on my iMac, same problem happens. CPU immediately goes above 100% usage as soon as I launch Daslight, until I close the app.

And I tried with the latest beta available, same problem.

Does anyone know what happens? Can I do something about it? Or should I forget about using Daslight on my Mac?
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-07-19 15.12.21.png
Screenshot 2018-07-19 15.12.21.png (77.02 KiB) Viewed 7917 times
miendo

Re: Daslight 4 on Mac: CPU overload

Post by miendo »

And when I launch a scene...
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-07-23 10.14.11.png
Screenshot 2018-07-23 10.14.11.png (74.12 KiB) Viewed 7893 times
miendo

Post by miendo »

Additional info:
• MacBook Pro is running on macOS 10.13.4 (High Sierra)
• iMac is running on macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra)

Same CPU overload problem happens on both machines.

No windows management app is installed on any of these machines (I saw in another thread that it could cause issues).
miendo

Post by miendo »

Thanks to the few people who read my monologue.
But we're here on the official Daslight forum, and I haven't received a single answer after one week.

I've provided accurate info and screenshots. I think I deserved at least an answer from the Daslight team... Even just "Thanks, we're investigating" would have been fine, but... no.
I've even tried on the official Facebook page, still waiting for an answer after one week. Really!? What must I do to get an answer?

This total lack of support is really disappointing and unprofessional.

I'm glad I have tested the software before buying the interface... Now I know I must find something else than Daslight.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Sorry you are disapointed with the support. This is a known problem which has already been reported to us a while ago. Daslight can be quite resource consuming. We have already made it slightly lighter than it initially was.
Now we haven't planned on making big changes on this software (unless bugs are reported, of course).

Thanks for reporting.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
dnadoba

Post by dnadoba »

I have exactly the same issue for over a year now.

@TomHat It sound like 100% CPU usage is not a bug for you. This is really sad.
You should talk to the product manager about this, because performance issues, like that described in the post, are software bugs and nothing else.
miendo

Post by miendo »

@TomHat: So this is a known issue to you, reported by several (future-)customers, yet you decide not to do anything about it.

I don't even know what to say...
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

As I mentionned, we haven't planned on making big changes on this software, unless bugs are reported.
We have worked to release a version of Daslight4 that would be as stable as possible.
Now this resource consumption problem you are reporting takes a lot more than small bug fixes, but would imply big parts of the software to be rewritten. This would put at risk the stability of our software, which of course is out of the question.

Be assured that we have taken notice of your feedback and we'll make sure to work on it for next releases, as long as it doesn't affect our software's stability in a wrong way.

On that note, I wish you a good day.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500