Problems in saving

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Vagia P
Operating System: Windows

Problems in saving

Post by Vagia P »

Hi,
I am really new to this, only a few hours I m working on Daslight 4.
I m trying to make changes on an old project (made by others). The customer is already working it only at show mode (ON-OFF, dimming and RGB) and remotely with an ipad.
I save the changes I make (mostly I delete and add fixtures), but when the computer shuts down and restarts some of the changes haven't been saved on SHOW Mode.
Any clues why?

Thanks
Vagia
PolDavril

Re: Problems in saving

Post by PolDavril »

Hi Vagia,

In earlier versions, some changes made in SHOW mode were not saved with the "Save" option. Some actions were not "seen" by the update flag, so Daslight considered the show unchanged and bypassed the save procedure. In that case, the "Save the changes ?" dialog does not even show up when Daslight closes.

Similar issues remain, maybe.

My advice is always use the "Save as" option and replace the show file when asked. So, Daslight always saves everything again, whether the show has been updated or not.

It would be nice to know what actions you've done in Show mode and what was not saved, for the dev can fix it.

Hope this helps.
Pol Davril
Stage Manager & Technician
Daslight 4 - Version Jan 13 2020
http://www.hsd-productions.be
http://www.exprime-toi.be
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

PolDavril wrote:It would be nice to know what actions you've done in Show mode and what was not saved, for the dev can fix it.

Thank you Pol, this is exactly what I was going to ask ! :)

In fact, a showfile + description of the actions that weren't saved would be really great.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Vagia P

Post by Vagia P »

Hi again.
Thanks for the fast answer.

My action was replacing a fixture with a new one I needed to control instead. I was saving the file and it was working.
But after a "shut down" of the system, it seemed to be mixed up. I could see the new fixtures on the PATCH but on SHOW the old arrangements were on.
Anyway, I enabled the option "Load the last File", I saved the file, also I "saved it as..." for back up, and this time it worked. Hope it won't come up again.

P.S. Meanwhile there was a pop up with a note, that DVC FUN interface needed to be synchronized. Could that block it?

Thanks a lot again.
Vagia.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Great you got it working anyway. Could it be that you ended up loading an old file ? (just to be sure)

Vagia P wrote:P.S. Meanwhile there was a pop up with a note, that DVC FUN interface needed to be synchronized. Could that block it?
No, this shouldn't trouble saved files in any way. It's only there to remind you that you should connect your interface to internet soon.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500