Fine Pan/Tilt shortcut in Palettes

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

rtucknott

Fine Pan/Tilt shortcut in Palettes

Post by rtucknott »

Hello,

Using Daslight 4 with several Elation moving head fixtures.

In the palette windows, under the pan/tilt movement tile, I would like to know if there's any shortcut available which will enact the 'fine' (16-bit) movement function of the fixtures. It seems that when moving the pan/tilt 'dot' in the palette tile, that it adjusts the main pan/tile and fine faders accordingly... but is there any sort of shortcut which will allow someone to use a mouse to adjust the pan/tilt but in the higher resolution, making use of the fine pan/tilt much more usable?

To better explain: When using the mouse for pan/tilt movements, it's very difficult to dial in a perfect position with the palettes. The mouse simply moves too much of the fixture without a fine-mode activated. I'm hoping there's a shortcut (like holding shift or control while moving) which will easily enable fine control of the movements in the palettes. That is, I could do the major focus adjustments using the palette control, then once close, I would enable the fine palette control to get the perfect focus location. In other software's I've used this quick shortcut for fine movement control has been available.... can't seem to locate anywhere in Daslight and moving the faders for position fine focus is horrible.

Thanks!
TomHat

Re: Fine Pan/Tilt shortcut in Palettes

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. You can use the "precision" threshold (see slider neer pan'tilt grid) to determin the speed at which you want your mouse to move while editing pan/tilt values.
After that, you will be able to do your editing by clicking anywhere in the grid except for the cursor. Click on an empty spot and start moving the mouse around. There, the precision should be better.

This has been done so one could either use or ignore precision threshold (faster editing).

PanTilt.png
PanTilt.png (12.27 KiB) Viewed 3138 times

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500