Dasligh remote on Android

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

cobalt2
Operating System: Windows

Dasligh remote on Android

Post by cobalt2 »

Hello

I use the remote on my samsung tablet. It is very reactive and super practicle.

I noticed thought one thing a little anoying. When you click on a button, its color changes so you know it is active. If you click on another button of the same group, the color of the first dissappears so you know it is no longer active...

Great ! only it doesn't work all the time. To say the least. I often end up with my board filled with colorful buttons and with no idea what is active :) !

I took the habit of re-clicking on the buttons that should be grey again immidiatly after use... it makes the color go away... but in order to do that you'd better have a strong hunderstanding of what's going on on stage ! A push on the wrong button and every lights on stage turns off (yeah, it happened, a bit ashamed of this one hahah) . It's a game of ''Find the inactive button'' I really dont have the time for on a gig ;)

So if you could look into it, that'd be great, thanks.
Stephane
TomHat

Re: Dasligh remote on Android

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

This is one known bug we've been working on. Please download the latest beta available on our website, and the latest version of EasyRemote on your tab.

Let us know if the problem is fixed for you in this version.
The "lag" should always be there, only much lighter.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
cobalt2

Post by cobalt2 »

Hello

I downloaded the last beta and updated Easy remote on my tablet as well. (version 2.7.0 , code 35)
Here is what I observed regarding my previous remarks

- Easy remote : still the colors wont change properly for inactive or active buttons.
- Daslight : Still the app will freeze when the tablet charges or updates the show in easy remote

But !

- The problem I had with daslight slowing drasticly down when using a touchscreen seams to be solved. Still you can feel a slight lag, but nothing imbarable like it used to be. Congrats and lots of thanks for solving this one ;)
I only tested it on one of my sets. I keep you posted if I have issues with my other touchscreen consoles. But so far, works way better. The short lag is no longer a deal breaker. No lag would be great though (that's me being pushy hihihi)

I will come back to you regarding the crashing issue when moving faders in edit mode. So far, nothing happend but as it is not systematic but only happens once in a while, I will need time to know if its still there ;)

Many thanks

Stephane
cobalt2

Post by cobalt2 »

Hi again

a little adendum to what I just added, after a few hours working with the new version of DASLIGHT

The APP :
- The touchscreen issue : everything is fine untill you try the fullscreen mode. I never could switch to fullscreen without everything freezing. Only happen when my touchscreen DELL S2240T is in use. With a simple screen and a mouse, or on a laptop, everything is fine and dandy. The fullscreen mode REALLY dont like my touchscreens.

- With touchscreen : "Flash option" on a button wont work. You need a mouse.

The remote :
- The colors go really crazy at time. The first button you touch in a group, the color appears like it is supposed to. When you touch another button of the same group, the first one flashes like it is receiving an "instruction" but stays in its active color state. And if you chose a third, thats when it goes crazy. At time the second one goes back to grey, sometimes not... the first one blinks but never go gray... and if you keep going, the others never get colors and stay gray... Impossible to know what's what after a while.

Sorry for I dont have better news... ;) I promise I still love the app :)
Macarena
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by Macarena »

I suggest using an excellent replacement - TouchOSC https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... er+Limited