Add fade time to "Reset" buttons in Live mode

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Gregory_D
Operating System: Windows

Add fade time to "Reset" buttons in Live mode

Post by Gregory_D »

Hi,

An improvement that would be awesome, very useful and much appreciated for spectactors seeing our show :
Possibility to add a fade to the 3 "Reset" buttons in Live mode (All, Family and Select).

When we're running scenes and we make changes in live with faders etc... if we click on one of the "Reset" buttons to remove those live changes, then all selected changes are removed from DMX output but with an aggressive cut !
It would be better to have the possibility of choosing a fade instead of this cut. A fade beeing less agressive and more progressive. With this fade when we click on "Reset", live changes when removed will be less noticed by public.

Maybe let choose the time of this "reset fade" with custom time numbers, or a default 1,5 sec maybe enabled by a ON/OFF button, i don't know...

I need this function, but I didn't found how to do this by myself with the current software...
Let me know what you think about everyone !
THX

version DS4 Official 22/12/2017
Blue is the Color !
Cheers from France...
Gregory_D

Re: Add fade time to "Reset" buttons in Live mode

Post by Gregory_D »

What do you think about ? It seems relevant to me and should be very useful for all live users, and even occasional users.
Is it something that can be implemented ?
Blue is the Color !
Cheers from France...
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

This sounds really useful but I'm afraid we won't be able to add it into Daslight4. We will consider this for next versions of Dalsight, though. Thanks for this idea :D

Have a good day !

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Gregory_D

Post by Gregory_D »

TomHat wrote:Hey,

This sounds really useful but I'm afraid we won't be able to add it into Daslight4. We will consider this for next versions of Dalsight, though. Thanks for this idea :D

Have a good day !
Regards,

Thanks for your reply. Great ! Looking forward

Just a clarification i wanted to ask since some time :
When you say "we'll consider this for a next version of DS", do you mean a next release or a total new version of Daslight (for example a DS5) ?
I guess if the answer is for the next DS5, this future software will be compatible with actual hardware interface (like DVC gold etc...) ?
When (not exactly, just to have an average idea) a total new version of DS will come (in months, in a year, or years ) ?

Thanks again for your answers
Blue is the Color !
Cheers from France...
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Gregory_D wrote:When you say "we'll consider this for a next version of DS", you mean a next release or a total new version of Daslight (for example a DS5) ?

So to answer your question, I meant something like "DS5".

Gregory_D wrote:I guess if the answer is for the next DS5, this future software will be compatible with actual hardware interface (like DVC gold etc...) ?

There is nothing I can tell you about this, as nothing as been decided yet.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Gregory_D

Post by Gregory_D »

TomHat wrote:Hey,

Gregory_D wrote:When you say "we'll consider this for a next version of DS", you mean a next release or a total new version of Daslight (for example a DS5) ?

So to answer your question, I meant something like "DS5".

Gregory_D wrote:I guess if the answer is for the next DS5, this future software will be compatible with actual hardware interface (like DVC gold etc...) ?

There is nothing I can tell you about this, as nothing as been decided yet.
Regards,

Ok, thank you again for your fast answers.
Seeing all feedbacks recorded in backstage in this forum for a next version, i'm really looking forward to this new version of DS and hope it will work with my current (not so old) interface.
Best.
Blue is the Color !
Cheers from France...