Odd behaviour in 1) scenes and 2) with ADJ 12p Hex

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

highab

Odd behaviour in 1) scenes and 2) with ADJ 12p Hex

Post by highab »

Hi, I'm still checking out Daslight without any interface connected.

1)One oddity I've found is that I set up my scenes in Edit, when I switch to Live some of the fixtures are no longer the colours I set. When I switch back to Edit, I'm seeing the wrong colours for those fixtures in the scene. When I exit daslight and restart, the fixtures in the scenes under Edit shown in the preview pane are the right colours again.

I did a video screen capture of this behaviour, you can see it at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BGXYuys_uRY4lZjPmDyJt_hyvtrbNede

2) For the ADJ 12p Hex fixtures, 7ch mode, they're not showing in the interface preview as having any colour changes at all, even though I've changed their colour. After clicking the beam on button for other fixtures I either then had to turn off the colour macro or strobe channel to get them to look as I wanted them too (spin-off question, any way of turning off one channel, e.g. strobe and locking it as off ? We'll never want strobe). I don't seem to find the quirk for the 12p Hex so that I can get the software to change the colour of the 12p Hex in the LED preview pane.

Info:
We're looking for very simple behaviour, i.e. colours on curtains at the back of stage all the time (as of startup), fade up FOH lights, either keeping or changing the colours on the curtains, depending on whether the colour is still visible once the FOH lights are on, so its the user who chooses at the time, then fade down specific lights if there's something to be seen on the projector screen at the same time as the speaker, or fade down all the FOH lights at the end of the meeting, so no moving heads, no gobos just simple up and down fades of different groups of light depending on what's going on in the room at the time... no loops, no steps in the scenes, no timers, no jumps, just the user clicking the scene preset to get the next scene, with a fade between the two.

I obviously have to play with daslight more to understand how to set up scenes in the best way for us, but having gone through the video tutorials, I've not found one that shows how to do this most simple thing... i.e. the daslight for dummies starter tutorial for a basic scene change.
highab

Re: Odd behaviour in 1) scenes and 2) with ADJ 12p Hex

Post by highab »

Worked it out for myself.

The colour macro problem seems to be related to the fact that Daslight always assumed the colour macro slider to be in use whether beam on or beam off, so it had to be manually turned off even for beam off channels.

I still don't know where the ADJ 12p Hex problem came from... I found a scene in which I could actually change the colours and copied it and modified it to re-create my other scenes.

I see that the master dimmer on the mac interface dims all lights, but on the android interface only dims lights with a dimmer channel, not RGB only lights.