Deactivate Artnet (Port 6454)

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

GNeumann
Operating System: Windows

Deactivate Artnet (Port 6454)

Post by GNeumann »

Hi All,
I want to use Daslight as well as another light Control Software on my Computer. Issue is, when I start Daslight, the port 6454 is blocked / used for Artnet, which is not required as I'm using just the USB Interface. From the second Software I want to use the Artnet, which is therfor not possible anymore.

Is there any way to disable the Artnet function / blocking port at all in Daslight?

Any hints are welcome.

Best regards,
Georg
Benno

Re: Deactivate Artnet (Port 6454)

Post by Benno »

Hi Georg,

Unfortunately there no way to disable the ArtNet function in Daslight. Are you able to open the second Software that uses ArtNet first then open Daslight?

Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support
GNeumann
Operating System: Windows

Post by GNeumann »

Hello Benno,
unfortunately not.
The second software is working properly until I start Daslight. After that it detects, that Daslight is also using the port and stops sending on that port (Daslight even registered to the port, even if it is already used...).

Seems I have to use a second computer to get both software running at the same time.

Maybe it is possible to have this option available (disable ArtNet) with a next Daslight software release.

Best regards,
Georg
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi Georg,

Thanks for the information.
Maybe it is possible to have this option available (disable ArtNet) with a next Daslight software release.
I have contacted the developers and added this to the future ideas list for Daslight 5.

Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support