Fixture group dimmer

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

snowcat65
Operating System: Windows

Fixture group dimmer

Post by snowcat65 »

Hi Guys,

Would it be possible to add a fixturegroup dimmer, so I can balance my ledpars in front to the lights in the back.

Since we play in different places where, one time the stage is big and the other time small and different ambiences it would be great when I can set the intensity of every fixturegroup.

This also makes programming easier since all is automated through midi.

Cheers,
David
TomHat

Re: Fixture group dimmer

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Sorry, I don't think we will be able to add group dimmer into Daslight4. We will keep this in mind for future versions, though.
Although, you might find use of our LIVE general dimmer (to the right of your LIVE window in Daslight4).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
snowcat65

Post by snowcat65 »

Hello Thomas,

That is kinda dissapointing because I have an app on my tablet, that is totally free, that has this feature.

Now I would think that professional software like DasLight should have that also, if a free app like Lightrider has it too. I use this app only for the time being until I'm finished programming, because all lights are automated for the band.

It may be that, when I go live on stage with our lightshow, I really need this function and that would mean that I have to switch software and that would be not so nice ;-) since I like all the other features a lot.

Regards,
Dave
snowcat65

Post by snowcat65 »

snowcat65 wrote:Hello Thomas,

That is kinda dissapointing because I have an app on my tablet, that is totally free, that has this feature.

Now I would think that professional software like DasLight should have that also, if a free app like Lightrider has it too. I use this app only for the time being until I'm finished programming, because all lights are automated for the band.

It may be that, when I go live on stage with our lightshow, I really need this function and that would mean that I have to switch software and that would be not so nice ;-) since I like all the other features a lot.

Regards,
Dave

And I would like to add that it looks like that more users would like this feature :-)
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Duly noted. I'll add this post as a reference to motivate this idea for future versions.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
snowcat65

Post by snowcat65 »

TomHat wrote:Hey,

Duly noted. I'll add this post as a reference to motivate this idea for future versions.

Regards,

Thank you, that would be great!
pzehner
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by pzehner »

Hey mate,

Try this workaround, which works great for me:

For all the scenes, you want to control with your group dimmer:
In the live window: Press on the small down arrow, right of the scenes name.
Two small faders will show up, the first is the scene dimmer, the second the scene speed.
Hold "alt" and klick the scene dimmer fader.
This will create a fader in the "show" window, controlling the scene dimmer.
Repeat this for all scenes you want to control.

In the "show" window, select all this new created faders, right click, "merge".
Now you created a "group dimmer" for all selected scenes.

This dimmer controls the maximum intensity of all effects and chases that control the intensity.

Best wishes,
Patrick