Display / Fader Bug?

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

dixiedregs
Operating System: Windows

Display / Fader Bug?

Post by dixiedregs »

I am setting up a show that I will be taking to import on a new install to try and avoid lots of on site programming. I am having a display problem that I initially put down to incorrect ssl files, having opened the ssl files and comparing them to fixture DMX layout they are correct.
The problem is that the 3D visualizer and fixture display are not correctly synchronized based on the control faders etc.
In the case of the Showtec Phantom 65 (as per the images) the beam on button creates beam on in the fixture area but not on the visualizer - beam on in the visualizer is controlled by 8 bit pan!?
The situation is exactly the same with Stagg Headbangers.
Only real problem is I don't have the fixtures here to prove which is correct (Visualizer or fixture display)
The PC I am using for the "offline" show setup is Win7, i7CPU, GeForce GT610 GPU with latest drivers and two monitors, I am using the second monitor for the Visualizer with Daslight 4 on the other.
Daslight 4 version is I think the latest with an image of it on startup.
I need to get to the bottom of this as the whole exercise was to avoid a complete show build on site including Visualizer and it is not working out this way......
Attachments
Daslight Version
Daslight Version
Daslight_Version.jpg (34.5 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
Pan8 bit operating beam
Pan8 bit operating beam
Faders_Fixture.jpg (136.13 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
Beams on in visualizer
Beams on in visualizer
Beams.jpg (37.14 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
Benno

Re: Display / Fader Bug?

Post by Benno »

Hi dixiedregs,

This is a bug where certain profiles are being patched into Easy View 2 in the wrong mode. When you patched mode 2 (13 channel) of your fixture, Mode 1 (8 channel) was being sent to the 3D, hence channel 3 was controlling the dimmer.

The developers have created a new Scan Library that can fix the profiles that have this problem. Open your profile in the new Feb version (link below) and re-save. Re-patch into Daslight and this should fix the problem.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_vGvn ... 32Bmru3weM

A good way to check the 3D is using the correct mode you have patched into Daslight is to check the construction mode settings in the attached image. Hope that helps.

Kind regards
Attachments
easy_view.JPG
easy_view.JPG (64.9 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
Benno
--
Product Support
dixiedregs

Post by dixiedregs »

Hi Benno, Thanks and it makes sense - will give it a go!
dixiedregs

Post by dixiedregs »

This is just to confirm that replacing the scan library with the new one, deleting the patches and then re patching works fine.