Updating DasLight - Weird piano sound

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

KaratePyjamas
Operating System: Windows

Updating DasLight - Weird piano sound

Post by KaratePyjamas »

Hello all,

I have a bit of an oddball question. Tomorrow I am to update DasLight to the newest release at my pub. Now I've already ran a backup of the scanlibrary and the programs we used. The release we use at the moment is from December 2016(!)

I've taken the files back home to try at my own PC with the newest version. Now of course I do not have the midicontroller we use at the pub. I just wanted to see if it would load and initialize. The preview on the live mode doesn't show the lights changing colour when I click the buttons. This strikes me as odd, but perhaps has to do with me not having the actual setup at home.

However, a random 3 buttons now play a piano sound when I click them. Anyone know what causes this? I thought it had to do with midi triggering but all of the buttons are linked to the midicontroller (Elation MidiCon) at the pub so I don't know why it's those 3 random ones doing it and not all of them. Any explanations for this?

Thanks to all who can help :)

-KPJ
TomHat

Re: Updating DasLight - Weird piano sound

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

I seem to recall this wasn't a Daslight thing. Would you happen to have a virtual device called "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" in your list of MIDI devices (see properties window) ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
KaratePyjamas
Operating System: Windows

Re: Updating DasLight - Weird piano sound

Post by KaratePyjamas »

Thank you, this is indeed what is going on! I'm not sure why it lists it as a midi output device though. Anyway, I'm confident about updating now, it seems it will work without any issues.