Synch Daslight with Cinema 4D

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

jeffcostello
Operating System: Mac OS X

Synch Daslight with Cinema 4D

Post by jeffcostello »

Hello,

i´m using Cinema 4D to Previsualize Lightshows. To create the actual Show i then use DasLight.
For now i create a Show in Cinema 4D and then recreate it in my DMX Software which takes lot of time so i´m looking for a way to input the DMX Signal which DasLight outputs into Cinema 4D. My wish would be to then connect the Intensity Fader of each Cinema 4D lamp to the DasLight DMX Signal. That way i could control the Lights in Cinema 4D with my DMX Software. When i create for example an effect in my DMX Software i could see it in Cinema 4D. Later i would "disconnect" Cinema 4D and "connect" the real world lamps and save a lot of work because i wouldn´t need to create the same show twice anymore.
For simple Visualizations i use 3D Visualizer but very often i need to see how the Light looks in a certain Location or on a Person so basically i want to use Cinema 4D as a more Complex "3D Visualzer" for DasLight.

Any Ideas?
TomHat

Re: Synch Daslight with Cinema 4D

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

This sure sounds like a really good idea, but unfortunately won't be possible with Daslight. The softwares we deliver in our setup files are programmed to work together in a certain way, so I'm afraid Daslight won't work with any other 3D software than 3D Visualizer.
Sorry for that. Be sure we'll take your feedback into account when creating next generation of our 3D visualizer.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500