starting whit Daslight 4

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Runick
Operating System: Windows

starting whit Daslight 4

Post by Runick »

Hello, I'm from Argentina, so I do not handle English very well, I'm starting to use the Dasligth 4 soft, and I find that in Live mode, when I deactivate a scene, the Beam returns to its initial position and would like know how I can change that initial position, then another problem, I can not activate more than one scene in live mode, if someone could give me a reference I would be very grateful, thank you!
PolDavril

Re: starting whit Daslight 4

Post by PolDavril »

Hi Runick,

Cheers from Belgium !

When a scene is stopped, all DMX values are reset to zero, that's normal.
If you need to have a moving light that keeps its pan & tilt position even if the beam is off, the scene must not be stopped but put in a kind of "pending" state. That means, duplicate the scene and set all "unwanted" parameters to zero, except for the pan & tilt values that must be in OFF state (that means that the scene 2 will not change those values but let them as is). The initial scene must be set to "Protected from release" or put in another LIVE group, depending on its release mode. So, the main scene goes on running while the second scene "'trims" some parameters.

Note that, by default, all scenes in a same group exclude each other. If you need to have several scenes running together, they must be set to "Release off" or "Protected from release" or moved to another group.

Hope this helps.

Daslight help.JPG
Daslight help.JPG (147.51 KiB) Viewed 6294 times
Pol Davril
Stage Manager & Technician
Daslight 4 - Version Jan 13 2020
http://www.hsd-productions.be
http://www.exprime-toi.be
Runick

Post by Runick »

thank you very much, it helped me to have another concept and another way of programming :D
CharlyDL

Post by CharlyDL »

Hi Runick,

the following may also be a way for you:
Build a scene with all settings you want to keep in a certain position.
For example PAN to the front, TILT in middle position or to the front, ZOOM to beam.
Start this scene and keep it running all the time (protect it from release).
All later started scenes will start from here and fall back to this position if ended (LTP).
Greetings from Germany.
Charly
Charly
There's no life before coffee