daslight 4 - midi

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

bartir
Operating System: Windows

daslight 4 - midi

Post by bartir »

hallo, how i can use midi controlers AKAI APC MINI and AKAI APC 40 together for midi controling my Daslight 4 gold. :D
PolDavril

Re: daslight 4 - midi

Post by PolDavril »

Hi bartir,

It's possible to use several MIDI controllers together, as far as they're using different MIDI channels.

The AKAI APC mini works with the MIDI address 1 and it cannot be changed.
As far as I know, it's the same for the APC 40.
Depending on the MIDI notes and Control Changes used by both units, there may be conflicts.

Some controllers allow to change their MIDI channel but not these AKAI models, I'm afraid.

Hope this helps.
Pol Davril
Stage Manager & Technician
Daslight 4 - Version Jan 13 2020
http://www.hsd-productions.be
http://www.exprime-toi.be
bartir

Post by bartir »

thank you,on youtube i see,that somebody use 3 controlers akai apc 40, but for grand MA. is it possible for daslight ? :D
snowcat65

Post by snowcat65 »

Hi,
You should be able to use multiple midi controllers as long as they are on different channels, or when they are on the same channel, use different midi-notes, control-changes or programm-changes.
bartir

Post by bartir »

ok,can you send me some example for akai APC 40 and AKAI APC mini?AKAI APC 40 is OK,It has more chanels, but mini have only one chanel number one.But When I maping on chanel 7 on APC 40, it make the same on akai mini. Thanks for your answers. :D
snowcat65

Post by snowcat65 »

When you assign midi notes to a scene or whatever, only assign the "midi-in" part and set the "midi-out" off, so you won't get a "midi circle"
Last edited by snowcat65 on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartir

Post by bartir »

thank you, now it works perfect. But I don´t see colours on my midi controler.
snowcat65

Post by snowcat65 »

bartir wrote:thank you, now it works perfect. But I don´t see colours on my midi controler.

You can try with the "midi out" on again, and change the midichannel to another channel then channel 1, and change the receive-channel on your APC 40 to the same channel.
bartir

Post by bartir »

sorry, but i cannot change midi channel on APC 40 :(
sono loisirs

Post by sono loisirs »

hello all,

up on this quite old post, i've spent quite a time finding a solution on this problem, as i also wanted to have an APC40 mkII AND an APC MINI working on my DVC4. i've found the solution using MIDI YOKE and MIDI OX, but as it was my first time using MIDI stuff ... it's been even longer before i found how to configure it correctly...

now all is working fine, and if u want, i made a tutorial on how to setup those softwares. it's in french, sorry for this, but if this can help ...

Gérard.

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/tuto%20MIDI%20Yoke%20et%20MIDI%20OX%20Daslight.pdf?token=AWxYT8tgwU8Yao3XN0U8FShv77WZsxlaBuyFmwkkTxHtqBwpFh3DOujdgh6rrlXNbYxUQuQrvvK6L0I8RkuNzUPdRHURN3Swml7zpzM74cfmXndK_tVx5zKzB2lfWTCAeUmwcxUg8FmADBuS9TqTdSdJ