BUG Daslight4 with flash mode touchscreen laptops

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

djchase

BUG Daslight4 with flash mode touchscreen laptops

Post by djchase »

Purchased a brand new Lenovo Yoga 14" touchscreen laptop to use with Daslight4 controlling a small set of lights for DJ gigs.

Works well, except a serious bug exists when using FLASH mode. I have some buttons set on 'flash'mode so only activates while held down. This works great with a mouse, but for some reason when I hold it down with the touchscreen, nothing happens until i move away from the button.

I double checked my pen and touch settings and ensured that 'right click' was disabled for 'touch and hold' under system settings. I even doubled checked the registry item was set to 0 as well.

Until its fixed, I can't seem to do quick flash buttons for things like temporary blinders/flashes/strobes or color changes :(

Any suggestions or workarounds?
TomHat

Re: BUG Daslight4 with flash mode touchscreen laptops

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Have you tried double-tapping on the scene button ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
djchase

Re: BUG Daslight4 with flash mode touchscreen laptops

Post by djchase »

TomHat wrote:Hey,

Have you tried double-tapping on the scene button ?

Regards,

Hi Thanks for the reply. Yes - double tapping the scene button does trigger the flash effect, but this doesn't seem logical as when using a mouse all it needs is a single click. Why can't it function the same way, eg. single click of a mouse button = single click on a touch screen = single press of a midi controller button?

I presume everyone uses this the same way, but flash mode is for quick (and instant) effects like blinders / strobes / temporary color change so double clicking it not only slows it down but is non-intuitive. Thanks!