DVC4 Crash (OS X) when using white channel/ fader section in live mode

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Yosh76

DVC4 Crash (OS X) when using white channel/ fader section in live mode

Post by Yosh76 »

Hi,

I had a big wedding party last weekend and DVC4 on OS X (also on the backup notebook) crashes for more than 10 times.
It was absolutely not possible to use the white channel on several different effects. Everytime I arranged the scanner or heads (for example positioned them to uplight the wedding cake) and tried to use the white channel or the color fader in the mixing section, the wheel of death appears and daslight stopped working.
I have tried the beta, the release version and tried two different notebooks.
After a frustrating and absolutely unprofessional job (thanks to dash light for the blackout after every restart - this will give a wedding event the perfect extra feeling!) - I will go back to DVC3 or search for another solution.
This bug ist reproducible every time - and it is independent from my show (tested on a new show with other scanners and scenes but also in live mode with the fader section and white/ color wheel). That my show with 18Mbytes size will take 120% - 200% CPU time (without doing anything) is also not explainable.
Another buggy thing is the color wheel and the effect generator itself. In the last week I have tried to program effects with up to 9-12 RGBW LEDs. That the white channel is not included (first announcement was in 2013 for DVC3 in this forum here!!) is one thing. The other thing is, that I am not able to bring all channels in one fixture with the color wheel to the same color. Channel 3 and 5 are always missing one color. Also reproducable with all versions I have tested and which are published.
On top I have sold my DVC3 Interface due to the high update prices and bought a new DVC4 Interface. Thanks for selling me a used Interface in a brand new box and housing with a lower SUDI Version and older hardware revision than my old one. A great feeling to know, that the interface is an old one with new firmware an a new housing for the full price to get the promised functions of DVC3 which where never fully released like midi but necessary nowadays.
For me this software is not able to do a live job in a professional way - Perhaps in a few month/ years like DVC3. I am so angry about myself to trust your promise again and to replace DVC3 which was working stable at least with the newer DVC4 to go on with OS X...
TomHat

Re: DVC4 Crash (OS X) when using white channel/ fader section in live mode

Post by TomHat »

Hello Yosh76,

We're sorry you've been experiencing such problems using our software. Please know we're actively working on fixing the crashes you reported. I am sending you a private link to a new Beta version (soon officially available on our website too) that should contain a fix for the problems you've encountered (crash + general effect generator).

About the effect generator :
Yosh76 wrote:That the white channel is not included (...) is one thing.

- All channels should be shown in the list if you generate the effect from the specific fixture tab (not in General tab).

Yosh76 wrote:The other thing is, that I am not able to bring all channels in one fixture with the color wheel to the same color.

- This sounds like a known bug that will be fixed with next Beta version. Have you tried generating your effect from the tab dedicated to the specific fixture ?

And finally, about the interface problem :
Yosh76 wrote:Thanks for selling me a used Interface in a brand new box and housing with a lower SUDI Version and older hardware revision than my old one.

- I am very surprised to read about this, and am immediately reporting this to the office in charge of shipping our intefaces. There must have been some kind of confusion while preparing your order. This obviously shouldn't have happened and we will make sure it doesn't happen again.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Benno

Re: DVC4 Crash (OS X) when using white channel/ fader section in live mode

Post by Benno »

Hi Yosh76,
Thanks for selling me a used Interface in a brand new box and housing with a lower SUDI Version and older hardware revision than my old one.
This does not sound normal. Please can you PM me your serial number along with the email address used on the upgrade so I can check the system and investigate further?

Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support