Pan / Tilt issue.

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

AdamWhy
Operating System: Windows

Pan / Tilt issue.

Post by AdamWhy »

Currenty running Daslight 4 Beta.

When I create scenes for my fixtures and later invert pan / tilt in the patch list. The inverted fixtures no longer repond.

It works perfectly if patched prior to creating scenes, but can't be edited afterwards.

Is this how it should be?
PolDavril

Re: Pan / Tilt issue.

Post by PolDavril »

Hi AdamWhy,

Indeed, it is a bug obviously.

1. The programmed scenes should use all Pan/Tilt inversion parameter in real time and thus recompute the values when playing. Other DMX software do work like this. Here, it seems that the values are static inside the scene and it's not a good way to do it.

2. When the pan or tilt is inverted and then reset to normal again, the scenes do not play either, although scenes are expected to run again like before. Clues of bugs.

I'm going to write down a personal reminder (2017-08-16-004) to check this in the next beta.

Regards.
Pol Davril
Stage Manager & Technician
Daslight 4 - Version Jan 13 2020
http://www.hsd-productions.be
http://www.exprime-toi.be
AdamWhy

Post by AdamWhy »

Are you able to help with this??

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5052
cbabbman

Post by cbabbman »

This still seems to be an issue in the August beta.

In fact, it seems to cause far more issues than described in the above posts. For example, I inverted the pan/tilt on a single fixture. At that point, all existing pan/tilt scenes/values for that fixture are ignored. But all other channels respond correctly. Changing it back to normal does not correct the p/t.

For some reason, it also caused the pan/tilt channels for this fixture to be turned on and set to 0 in every single scene in my project... the only way I can correct for it to manually go into every scene and turn them back off. A seriously BIG problem when you have a lot of scenes.

Removing the fixture and patching it back into the same address causes the pan/tilt channels for that fixture to be enabled on every single scene in my project also.

If I start a new project and patch that fixture, it comes in normally with all the pan/tilt channels off, so this is not a fixture profile issue.

Something that is being looked at? To me, I would expect that changing these items in an already patched fixture should not cause issues like this.