Macbook pro i7 16GB memory can't handle Daslight 4

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

John Koster
Operating System: Mac OS X

Macbook pro i7 16GB memory can't handle Daslight 4

Post by John Koster »

Hello guys,

I am trying to make a show on a powerful Macbook Pro and my notebook already gets stuck when I am arranging only the patching and arrangement of all the blocks representing the lights.
I have not even started programming yet.
When select 6 moving lights to be arranged next to each other horizontally I can't use Daslight 4 because the CPU passes 100%.
For me this unexplanable running on a Macbook of way over 3000 euros.
I have also tried to build the patch and arrange the lights in the new beta version.
I have 14 moving lights, 30 individual fixed LED spots and 10 LED striplights each having 12 unique pixels.
In total I am using 624 channels.
It looks like something in the software blows up CPU of the notebook.
When running idle without doing programming or any other changes it will take 2 minutes to even go to the menu of Daslight and select anything.
Other pieces of software run perfectly on the machine and it has only Daslight and one other kind of software on it.
Never connects to internet, I do downloading from a dedicated computer, it's as virusfree as it can get.
I am about to start a project where this combination of lights would need to be programmed and run without problems.
Macbook is running on OS 10.10.5
Maybe support of Daslight can pm me?
Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

John
TomHat

Re: Macbook pro i7 16GB memory can't handle Daslight 4

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Sorry to read you're experiencing problems using our software. Just to make sure, are you using the latest Beta version available on our website (https://www.daslight.com/fr/download.htm) ?

Could you send me your showfile so I can figure out what is taking up so much resources ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500