assigning midi faders to fixture groups

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

John Koster
Operating System: Mac OS X

assigning midi faders to fixture groups

Post by John Koster »

Hello everybody,

I am able to make multiple fixture groups and I am able to select the fixture groups via buttons I create on my midi controller.
In the 3d viewer if I select via my midi controller a group which for instance I have made for all the even numbered moving lights in my show all the moving lights will be controlled.
My question: can I control fixture groups via a midi controller instead of all the moving lights at once?
The pan / tilt fader I would like to address so that it only controls the selected (moving) light group that I create.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

John
Benno

Re: assigning midi faders to fixture groups

Post by Benno »

Hi John,
My question: can I control fixture groups via a midi controller instead of all the moving lights at once?
The pan / tilt fader I would like to address so that it only controls the selected (moving) light group that I create.
It's not possible to map a midi fader so it only controls the selected fixtures I'm afraid.

You can modify a Show Mode fader association so it only controls fixtures you have set in the button Control Editor. It's not quite what you are after but it does mean you could control the odd and even selected fixtures with different faders.
Attachments
show_mode_edit.jpg
show_mode_edit.jpg (39.6 KiB) Viewed 5339 times
Benno
--
Product Support
John Koster
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: assigning midi faders to fixture groups

Post by John Koster »

Thank you very much Benno for your response!

This I did not think of and will give it a go.

Have a nice evening.

Kind regards,

John