Artnet doesn't work with SUSHI-DS

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

powjk
Operating System: Windows

Artnet doesn't work with SUSHI-DS

Post by powjk »

Hello!

I switched from Version 3 to 4 because I want to remote control MADRIX via Artnet. Therefor I did an update on my SUSHI-DS for Daslight 4 and one artnet universe in addition.

I spent many hours to try every setting possible, checked firewall and router settings, tried different hardware, changed ip ranges and so on, but I can't receive any artnet signals from the Daslight 4 software - not only with MADRIX, but also other monitor software like ArtNetominator didn't receive anything.

Then I tried a free DMX control software and bang, everything works as intended.

How can I get it to work? What are the exact settings in preferences? The SUSHI controller is connected and shown under devices. The artnet node (both MADRIX as ArtNetominator for example) is also shown in the devices tab. But the port is always shown as "0" and it cannot be changed.

Another thing I noticed: The hardware manager crashes immediately when tried to be opened, but I think it doesn't support the SUSHI controller anyway.

Thanks in advance for hints or tips.

Juergen
TomHat

Re: Artnet doesn't work with SUSHI-DS

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Are you using the latest version of Daslight 4 (Beta) available on the website ? This problem with Hardware Manager has been fixed recently and we released a new version since.

Have you tried using Broadcast feature ? Here is a screenshot showing all settings you should fix to get Artnet feature to work.
Artnet.png
Artnet.png (235.3 KiB) Viewed 6554 times

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
powjk
Operating System: Windows

Post by powjk »

It works! But only with the beta version, not with the official version 05/17 - even without broadcasting...

Are you sure that hardware manager supports SUSHI interface? It shuts down immediatly, even with the beta version. But I think I don't need it anyway.

Thank you!
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Well it sure should support SUSHI interfaces. I'll pass this on to the developper in charge of HardwareManager, he'll look into it.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500