Effect Buttons in Daslight 4

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Ody2010

Effect Buttons in Daslight 4

Post by Ody2010 »

Changing from DVC2/DVC3 to 4 where are the Options to create Effect Buttons in DVC4?

And if they are not existing anymore - whats the best way to get the same functional result?
petergesell
Operating System: Windows

Re: Effect Buttons in Daslight 4

Post by petergesell »

i do not really know.
What i have to say, hope some one takes care
SSL fixture creator sucks
I´ve bought some chinese fixtures, my country distributors, of course. So, trying to adapt the fixtures that was bought, but the interface does not allow to create a simple light with a general fader, plus 3 rgb ones, a channel, propitary of fixture, a simple strobe channel and a color walk propietary channel. Hope they can fix this issue, because i am trying to meet some pleasent interface and corresponding soft, understanding, that is no freee, but if i pay, i want to see results that i paid for
Thanks
It would be be very nice too, that in the window of faders, instead of illuminate the different ones with the same color, each icon stays in the function it is intempted to be, as the icon in edit mode reflexes what is goin on
Hope not disturb too much
Thanks
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey Ody2010,

Ody2010 wrote:Changing from DVC2/DVC3 to 4 where are the Options to create Effect Buttons in DVC4?

You can create effect scenes through Daslight4's effect generator, by selecting the effect you need, applying it to your fixtures and hitting "Generate".
Effect.png
Effect.png (114.2 KiB) Viewed 9775 times

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey petergesell,

petergesell wrote:trying to adapt the fixtures that was bought, but the interface does not allow to create a simple light

I'm surprised to read our ScanLibrary Creator won't allow you to create this simple SSL file. I would advise you to use our SSL building service (free if you're not in a hurry to get the file) available at this address : https://store.daslight.com/fr/request_ssl
You really need to attach the fixture's manual, or our technicians won't be able to create the file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

petergesell
Operating System: Windows

Post by petergesell »

Very much thanks Tom, for the answer
I live in Argentina, where is economically bad situation. So, an interface of yours may cost the incomes of one or two month depending how it comes in to the country. Also the fixtures we can buy, are mostly chinese, with not known brand, even sometimes no user manual too. so in order to figure out how they work, we have to test it with a simple 192 channel desk. That is what happend with a 8 beam spider light, mounted in 2 arms independly motorized each. Have seen there is a version with 3 motors, 2 for the arms and one more for global rotation. So, i do not know how to edit it in scan library editor, and may be i cant get user manual too. However, in most simple software, i can make it work. There are also channels of presets of fixture itself, that have no standart definition, for these were desirable a fader, with just a personal reminder icon . In my best will, more than complains, i try to translate my wishes.
Actually, i am training the soft, in the idea to buy the interface in some month, because this one is the most accurate for my pretentions, clear and practic, with a lot of possibilities, simultaneous individual scene speed and intensity, even with midi, great tutorials online, faders visible during programming, etc.
Thanks very much
Ody2010

Post by Ody2010 »

Hello Tom.

Thanks for your answer regarding effects. But its totally not what i was talking about. i talked the Option to Create "Effect BUTTONS" and not create Effects with the Generator.

In Daslight 2 and 3 you could in Live Mode Create Effect-Buttons to create Blackouts or fixed Coloures Overlays or Strobes etc. which were always in Priority when pressed but didnt influces Scenes about Group Releases and such things. Mb you can ask Simon as im sure he knows what i talk about and then give me an Answer about this Option in Daslight 4.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey Ody2010,

I understand, and there is no such thing in Daslight 4 anymore. In this software, effect buttons and scenes have been merged together, integrating all "effect button" parameters into all scenes.
For a scene to apply its values on top of all other values, it's enought with starting it AFTER all other scenes.
(see image bellow)
Sans titre.png
Sans titre.png (65.11 KiB) Viewed 9695 times

Blackout mode available the LIVE pannel (see image bellow)
Sans titre2.png
Sans titre2.png (75.73 KiB) Viewed 9695 times

Hope this helps better.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support