bugs

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

ruangi

bugs

Post by ruangi »

while Daslight 3 have problems with 3D visualizer i find a fix to my problem in daslight 4 .
some fictures are bugged in daslight4 and 3D viewer 2 .
example:
- American dj vizi hybrid 16rx .you can move the color slider and see the color change above the slider but in the viewer the light stays white
-generic lazer strobe slider do nothing.

also loading a show and then open the 3D viewer and open a file makes the 3D viewer crash and sometimes even daslight4.
After you start daslight4 you need to start the 3D viewer 2 and open your file in the viewer and then open your show file to not getting crashes.

another bug is when you start the way discribed above you get cloned fictures that you need to delete every time. Those clones arent there when you open your file in the viewer but get inserted when showfile is loading and the clones are not in patched fixtures in any Universe

i also have features requests.
- we need timeline for time coding .when you timecode one to 5 songs its ok but when you timecode a 2 hours show its horrible time consuming to start the show up a million times and wait for the end to see if your light effects are spot on time . So an timeline slider for timecoding is an must have for long shows or the timecoder gets crazy when hearing all the songs for million time .i know that Lj start fixtures and software effect manualy live but for timecoders man ....
- we also need beside the ability of loading music , the ability to insert video.
both features already exist in Sunlite and would make timecoders life easyer.

an extra feature we could use is pixel control so we can actualy create , divide , size up and use screens with the insert video's .
i recall WYSIWYG doing something like that.
i would donate money if those features were in the software but selling it at high price would make me drop the software completely as i did with WYSIWYG and Madrix isnt an option eader.
yea i know pro DMX software .....using yours should tell you something. get more devs on the software and forums or more frequently on it and insert the features i told would make Daslight a real competition to pro DMX software .

for time line i advise to make multiple lines (one per fixture type for example or per program made in the edit section but that would be an huge timeline) and the lenght of the timeline is based on the inserted video or music with a slider underneed and a play/pause button that start the pointed time and the video /music starts and the program box get highlighted at the pointed time. its something like video editing software (i use Vegas btw)
on the time line you see your programs in the line of the fixture type nothing fancy is needed just where the program start and ends maybe with a color box with the name of the program in it and highlights when timeline plays and or is pointed at.

for pixel control i advice to use the old screen boxes with the standard sizes as 3D model to limit the complexity (as i expect the programming already is very complex to do this.
make it able to devide screens so we can create all kind of size and shape and make modus (full screen , part of an full screen ,select an screenbox and confirm its place in an screen with an number etc) .

the timeline should already been in the making since we get the option to insert music files but i understand that pixel control is something special and will take long to get it work.