virtual dimmer

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

q16marvin
Operating System: Windows

Re: virtual dimmer

Post by q16marvin »

okay i understand... so how ever i want to buy rgbd fixtures to have the possibilitey to dimm my led bands... but i absolutly dont find any dmx512 decoder which have this function... at the moment i have this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXO385L/re ... UTF8&psc=1

im confused that there seeems no device on the market?
John Koster
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by John Koster »

Dear Daslight,

First I have to say that I love the software and simplicity of Daslight 4, thank you!
There has been a lot of posts on this topic already.
I have just bought a couple of very nice LED strip lights which each have 14x RGBW LED's but no shutter / dimmer.
What I am very much missing and reading all the previous posts from other users that want the same, is that I can create a sort of shutter (virtual dimmer set to 0% or in a dimmed value) for each individual RGBW.
I have programmed all the LED's as generic RGBW LED's in Daslight 4 and this allows me to control each RGBW separate.
Why I want to use this feature is very simple to explain and maybe persuades you to create such a thing.
I want to have in EDIT/LIVE mode some tabs that hold the color for all the RGBW's and separate tabs for differently programmed virtual shutters.
This would mean I only have to make once the different dimming / shutter modes and once I need to add tabs with all the colors I like.
The way Daslight 4 works at this moment is that I can't copy a scene and simply change the colors, I would have to manually change this for each step.... pfff.
The same would apply for RGB(W) par cans too that don't have a dimmer / shutter function.
The big difference is in the way that we can then separate colors from dimming / shutting which would not be possible without this function.
Please think of what this would save everyone using Daslight 4 in combination with LED fixtures that don't have dimmers / shutters.
If this was integrated I have no wishes for Daslight 4 anymore and this would raise it to the next level.
Could you please include this function very shortly???

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

John
Netherlands
smile
Operating System: Windows

Post by smile »

@John: I can exactly agree with your words. I am using very much simple RGB Lights, and the function have virtual dimmers on the rgb lights wurd be very very useful.
Very often I have differnt Charsers / Rainbow Effects on that RGBs, in different scenes, and I need to change the brightness of the group of rgb lights in live mode, not only on single scenes but the total group of rgb lights.
I have known this feature from dmxcontrol, an open source lightning software, and before I bought daslight I didn´t expect that this function would not be avialable.

I would also be very happy when this fuction could be included.
Thank you also.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello John, Smile,

We understand this is a very expected feature. Sadly, we won't be implementing it in Daslight4. But we'll sure consider it for next version of Daslight.

Thank you a lot for your precious feedback.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500