Imported Fixture Profile Deleted

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

connoisseur
Operating System: Mac OS X

Imported Fixture Profile Deleted

Post by connoisseur »

I just got started with Daslight4 and I really like the overall look and feel of the software... great job.

I originally downloaded the stable version but I was having trouble getting the 3D visualizer to work properly (running real slow <2FPS). I then downloaded the beta version and this seems to be resolved. The problem I'm having, however, is that I had imported some custom profiles and when I open the .dvc file from the stable version (uninstalled) in the beta version it says that the patched profiles have been deleted (DELETED_Imported_Blade RGBW LED.ssl2). I have imported the same profiles into the new version as well but I'm guessing the file path is different and has probably been set as an absolute path. It would be nice if we can specify the path to the profile in this type of situation, but I guess that is a feature request...

I don't mind re-doing the entire setup in the Beta with the newly imported profile, but I will still need to move this entire project to my production machine and I don't want to have to redo it for a third time. In reality the only thing impacted is the 3D visualizer (I think... haven't tried it out live yet... waiting on the interface to be delivered).
TomHat

Re: Imported Fixture Profile Deleted

Post by TomHat »

Hey Connoisseur,

Thanks for using our softwares. This is indeed a small issue due to the fact that absolute paths are saved in showfiles. We'll look into that and come back to you when we have a fix.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
connoisseur
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: Imported Fixture Profile Deleted

Post by connoisseur »

Could be something as simple as using relative paths... When you import an ssl file it gets copied to the _Imported directory of ScanLibrary. If you use a path relative to the application install directory then as long as the profile has been imported it should find it.