See all MIDI assignments?

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Steffen
Operating System: Mac OS X

See all MIDI assignments?

Post by Steffen »

Is it possible to see all current MIDI assignments and edit them from there? Like a list where I see the MIDI CC and what fader(s) or functions it is assigned to.

I had the problem last show, that I accidentally configured a color channel of fixture A and a dimmer channel of fixtures B to the same MIDI hardware fader. It was not easy to later find the wrong assigned channel and remove it from the hardware fader.

It would also help, if there would be an option to reset a specific MIDI fader/knob/button. Like the MIDI assign popup, but working the opposite way. You move a fader or press a button and all assignments to that fader/button are deleted after confirmation.
Benno

Re: See all MIDI assignments?

Post by Benno »

Hi Steffen,
Is it possible to see all current MIDI assignments and edit them from there? Like a list where I see the MIDI CC and what fader(s) or functions it is assigned to.
You can see the assigned Midi commands of the scenes int he Preferences / Shortcuts window. If you click the Edit button the Midi triggering window will appear.
It would also help, if there would be an option to reset a specific MIDI fader/knob/button. Like the MIDI assign popup, but working the opposite way. You move a fader or press a button and all assignments to that fader/button are deleted after confirmation.
Thanks for the feedback I will add this to the future ideas list.
Attachments
preferences_midi.jpg
preferences_midi.jpg (69.2 KiB) Viewed 3768 times
Benno
--
Product Support