Using Daslight 4 Beta with the cameo Controller

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

tomek
Operating System: Windows

Using Daslight 4 Beta with the cameo Controller

Post by tomek »

Hello,

I'm considering purchasing Daslight. It's gonna be used for private parties ans concerts. The Fun Edition with 128 channels is unfortunately not enough, but I saw that there is a 512 channel edition from Cameo. Is it possible to use the Cameo interface with the latest beta releases, or is the Daslight Software that comes from Cameo always older? I can't even find a Cameo download. The DVC4 Gold interface is unfortunately 100€ more expensive.

Best regards!
Thomas
TomHat

Re: Using Daslight 4 Beta with the cameo Controller

Post by TomHat »

Hey Thomas,

Cameo devices are made to work with Cameo's edition only. What you could do if you want to use Daslight 4 Edition and its updated versions is to buy a DVC Fun + channel upgrade. That way you can still use Daslight 4 with a not-too-expensive interface counting more that 128 channels.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
hall-music

Post by hall-music »

Hi Tom,

I accept that Daslight is not supporting OEM devices with the beta releases. But I don't really understand being restrictive with beta releases, as this is the best way to gain broader access to setups you don't own and also get various use cases tested. Ok, you decided as company on this and will have good reasons for that.

Nevertheless, as I also use the Cameo DVC4 OEM device, I wonder how the update cycle does work. Cameo directs on their website for support to Daslight eMail and the link for downloading newest release of the controller software is the following:

https://storage.googleapis.com/nicolaudie-eu-software/Release/CameoD4.exe

Could you shed some light on the process of Daslight updates for OEM devices?

Regards, Torsten
Cameo DVC 4 Version May 03 2017 / Windows 10
pejo

Post by pejo »

Torsten,
I have the Cameo controller 512, and works also with Daslight 4... But there is no difference in software so far i can see. I use also Akai mini, and both works in the same way. I have another problem. With controller or without, software crash every time i make a fast move with dimmer or fast move between the sceens. If i don't, then crash every hour..
But back to you, Yes it works with Cameo hardware. I'm on Win 10...

Best regards
Marko
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Could you please send me your showfile ? I think this is similar to a bug that has already been reported to us, and I would need to do some tests using your patch layout.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500