Using scanners with daslight

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Bomthom007
Operating System: Windows

Using scanners with daslight

Post by Bomthom007 »

Hello,

I am trying out daslight to see if am going to purchase it. I still have to purchase the lights, but I know which ones I want to purchase. I patched some spots and the Ayra Alo 60 scanner. The spots work great only the scanner does not. The scanner performs al the function except changing color. I know the scanner changes color by a colorwheel. WhenI try to change color in daslight, the light remains white.

Is this because the scanner is not connected and the software does therefore not know which color is projected? Or is this just something that the software is not capable of doing. I tried with Sunlight suite 2 and there the color does change of the scanner without the scanner being connected. As my purchase preference goes for daslight, I would really like to know why it is that the scanner does not change color in the software. Maybe it did someting very wrong?

Thanks for the help!

kind regards
Thom
TomHat

Re: Using scanners with daslight

Post by TomHat »

Hello Thom,

Are you using the Ayra Alo 60 scanner SSL profile delivered with Daslight 4 ? Or is it a custom file ?
The default profile doesn't contain the exact color info. It only contains the 8 different "color" presets so we know their range. That's why Daslight 4 cannot know what color to display.

You could fill a SSL request on our Store (https://store.daslight.com/fr/ssl) to get it remade with the right colors if you like ; or edit it yourself with the ScanLibrary Editor delivered with Daslight 4.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Bomthom007
Operating System: Windows

Re: Using scanners with daslight

Post by Bomthom007 »

Hello,

I used the SSL profile delivered with the software. I understand why it did not show any colors and was able to change the ssl file in the scanlibrary.

Thanks for the help

kind regards
thom