Controlling Faders via Midi

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Schumaniac
Operating System: Windows

Controlling Faders via Midi

Post by Schumaniac »

Bonjour tout le monde,

permettez-moi de continuer en anglais ;-)

I have a little problem with the control of my showtec Moving Head via the new DVC 4. I use a 13 channel ssl2 which was provided by your online database. For the programming of my scenes I mapped the channel with the color wheel to a Fader on my Traktor Control F1 via midi to select the different colors. The problem was that whatever I did with the fader, it did not change the DMX value over the whole range. I tried different configurations and finally I figured out that it has to do with the presets that are made in the scan library in the different channels. Example: The first four channels are for Pan and Tilt in 8Bit and 16 Bit mode. Here I can control the Fader in Daslight4 by mapping it to the midi controller. Channel six controls the color wheel. Example color one is value 1-6, color 2 is value 7-13, and so on. whenever I map the midi controller to this fader, he just changes the values in the preset range. Same for ALL other channels, that have different presets (e.g. shutter open, shutter closed, strobe).
I want to know if it is possible, to map the control of the whole value range of the channel (in this case color wheel) to a channel of a midi controller. I see, that it makes sense, to have the possibility to map a single preset to a fader like when I want to control the strobe speed but I suppose there is as well a solution for my problem - but I cannot find it on my on.

Can you give me a hint?

Cordialement,
Dominik
djquickwilli_2

Re: Controlling Faders via Midi

Post by djquickwilli_2 »

this is actually a mayor problem.

So it is not longer possible to connect MIDI-Faders with some main scanner-functions like gobo-wheel, color-gobo or the preset colors/programs at the Dotz Tripar System ...

And additionally the MIDI-connection to the scene-speed-faders in the live-mode is also in the last (beta)version from 13.9.16 is still without function. is will use only the lower half or the higher half of the speed-fader.
TomHat

Re: Controlling Faders via Midi

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Sorry to read that you find problems in our latest changes. We changed the way Midi pairing works with channels in order to avoid automatically selecting the wrong preset (e.g. dimmer/iris channels often ended up triggering the "strobe" like presets when pushed a bit too far).

And additionally the MIDI-connection to the scene-speed-faders in the live-mode is also in the last (beta)version from 13.9.16 is still without function. is will use only the lower half or the higher half of the speed-fader.

Have you tried setting a new pairing to this very slider since you installe the latest Beta ? Word is you need to create the pairing with this version for it to work properly. Sorry for the trouble.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500