MIDI Controller for program speed

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Neograph734
Operating System: Windows

MIDI Controller for program speed

Post by Neograph734 »

I was attempting to assign my MIDI controller to a program speed. And I was very pleased to see the rabbit slider upon expanding the program in live mode, right clicking it and assigning a MIDI channel. This works very well.
However it seems I can only increase the speed. I cannot get the slider to go below halfway when using my MIDI controller.

I get the feeling the speed slider goes from -127 to 127, but the MIDI mapping only goes from 0 to 127.

Did I miss something, or is this a bug?
Benno

Re: MIDI Controller for program speed

Post by Benno »

Hi there, thanks for pointing this out it looks like a bug. I have passed the details on to the developers to take a look.
Benno
--
Product Support
Neograph734

Post by Neograph734 »

Thanks for checking it. I hope to see this somewhere in the future then :)
Operin94

Post by Operin94 »

Neograph734 wrote:I was attempting to assign my MIDI controller to a program speed. And I was very pleased to see the rabbit slider upon expanding the program in live mode, right clicking it and assigning a MIDI channel. This works very well.
However it seems I can only increase the speed. I cannot get the slider to go below halfway when using my MIDI controller.

I get the feeling the speed slider goes from -127 to 127, but the MIDI mapping only goes from 0 to 127.

Did I miss something, or is this a bug?

i think its a bug? uhmmm.. I just wanna ask some advice coz I'm beginning to consider that I should get some form of tablet. Realizing the i-stuff has CoreMIDI (Apple's version of rtpMIDI or vice-versa) and this series of apps kinda makes the iPad look like a nice feature?
Martin!

Post by Martin! »

In the new Beta (13.Sptember) the speed control works with a midi-fader only from 0-127, and not from 0-255.
Is this a potential bug or a wrong ajustment by my own.

Regards
Martin
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey Martin,

Are you using the latest version ? (September Beta) The speed slider should cover the range 0 -127 with 0 being the lowest speed and 127, the highest. We don't use such thing as negative values.

If it isn't working that way for you, please send me your showfile by PM.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
TimJongsma

Post by TimJongsma »

The values from the midi controller are now indeed mapped correctly to values from 0 till 127.
However at a maximum value of 127 the speed slider still only reaches half speed instead of being opened completely as the intensity slider does.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Tim
Neograph734

Post by Neograph734 »

It seems the problem is fixed... but partially.

@Martin: I've figured all sliders in Daslight range from 0-127 and so far I've not seen a value of 255 anywhere in the program. This is not really a problem as 127 is considered to be the maximum value.

@Tim: It seems the fix only works for new effects. If you create a new effect, the midi slider covers the full range (slowest to fastest). However on existing effects, you can now only control the bottom half of the speed (slowest to medium).

@Benno could you ask the dev's to also fix this for existing effects? It would be quite a time consuming task to have to reprogram all of them....
TimJongsma

Post by TimJongsma »

I can confirm neographs conclusion about existing scenes is correct. In new scenes it works without a flaw. (Actually reprogrammed a lot yesterday). Would be great if this could also be fixed for existing scenes.
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi Guys, could someone please PM me an old showfile with the problem so I can investigate? Cheers
Benno
--
Product Support