Mirror PAN/TILT in Effectgenerator

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Chiel
Operating System: Windows

Mirror PAN/TILT in Effectgenerator

Post by Chiel »

I have a question/suggestion while programming my (4x) Eurolite TSL-200 scanners with the effectgenerator.

Steps I'd like to make:
1) I select the scanners
2) I programm PAN/TILT-loop
3) I want to select two of the four scanners to do exactly the same loop (but reverse the PAN or TILT)

Is there an easy feature/button to reverse/mirror the PAN/TILT for some fixtures within the effectgenerator?

The manual of Daslight4 gives an example:
"You could stack 2 Pan Tilt effects and reverse one of them to make a symmetrical movement effect."
This is an option but the PAN/TILT will not be mirrored exactly!?!?

Thanks in advance.
Benno

Re: Mirror PAN/TILT in Effectgenerator

Post by Benno »

Hi Chiel, yes this is possible and Daslight 4 now has the ability to reverse the direction of movements and stack effects. Please check the video link below which explains how you can achieve this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Ln_ ... XhVblFhSG8
Benno
--
Product Support
Chiel

Post by Chiel »

Thanks for your reply,

The video shows the reverse direction of the movements with pan AND tilt at the same time.
How can I program the reverse direction of the pan (or tilt) only? Or isn't this possible with Daslight?
Benno

Post by Benno »

At present it's not possible to reverse just the Pan or the Tilt separately. It's a good idea though and I have added it to to the possible future features list. Many thanks.
Benno
--
Product Support
Chiel

Post by Chiel »

Okay thanks.

Do you have any idea how I can program the following movements in Daslight:
Starting at 0:18 till 0:30 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkRM1mDCYug

Should I programm each step separate? Or can I use the effectgenerator?
cbabbman

Post by cbabbman »

Benno wrote:At present it's not possible to reverse just the Pan or the Tilt separately. It's a good idea though and I have added it to to the possible future features list. Many thanks.

Has this ever made it into the program? This would be extremely handy and would avoid us having to manually set our fixtures to inverted pan/tilt to get the effect, which is what I am doing now.
cbabbman

Post by cbabbman »

cbabbman wrote:
Benno wrote:At present it's not possible to reverse just the Pan or the Tilt separately. It's a good idea though and I have added it to to the possible future features list. Many thanks.

Has this ever made it into the program? This would be extremely handy and would avoid us having to manually set our fixtures to inverted pan/tilt to get the effect, which is what I am doing now.

Always looking for a better suggestion... but here's something I tried and made work... for now.. I would have to believe that this is something that both can and should be added to the program...

Most of my patterns are close to being symetrical... so here's how I was able to make this work for me... with limitations..

4 moving head fixtures. P/T on the fixture and in the patch are set to normal.

1) Highlighted the left 2 fixtures and added a P/T effect... generated it - Scene 1
2) Highlighted the right 2 fixtures and added the same P/T effect... generated it - Scene 2
3) Went into Scene 2, found some 110 steps. Copied the 1st 55 steps and pasted to the bottom of the step window. Went back and deleted the 1st 55 steps.
4) Set both scenes to Off in the release section.
4) added a scene that jumps to the 2 effect scenes.

Now, when I hit my jump scene, both the effect scenes start and viola, they run mirrored..