Override/Zones Functionality

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

waynehaffenden

Override/Zones Functionality

Post by waynehaffenden »

Is it currently possible to have some form of override or "zones" functionality for fixtures?

Imagine you have a room full of uplighting programmed in with various rainbow effects, chase scenes etc that you use all the time and you find out that for a gig that the customer just wants them on static colours or some form of simple transition which is custom from the "normal" programming you use. It would be great to put the uplighting fixtures in a "zone" of some form where they ignore any normal scenes that are triggered on them (though the rest of the show operating as normal) and only follow the custom scene(s) setup for them within this "zone" and at the end of the gig you can just delete the "zone" or remove the fixtures out of them and they then respond as normal to their normal programming.

If this isn't currently something that Daslight can do, is this something that could be implemented in a future version as I feel this would be very useful.
Benno

Re: Override/Zones Functionality

Post by Benno »

Thanks for the post, I’m just trying to understand exactly what your wanting to achieve.

There are no ‘Zones’ in Daslight but we have the ‘Groups’ functionally which you can use to separate your scene and fixtures how you wish.

We also have the new Show Mode where in the Pallet tab you alt-click Gobos, Colours etc on sceptic fixture.. Then in the Show Mode you can use the newly added buttons to override the colours in scenes that are playing. Once released the scene will go back to normal.

Thanks for the suggestions though I will be sure to pass on the details to the developers.
Benno
--
Product Support
waynehaffenden

Post by waynehaffenden »

Have you got a demo file or video on how to do this as I can't seem to make it work?

In a nutshell I'm basically after a feature whereby the fixtures play all the normal programmed scenes that maybe triggered through other scenes or in scenes with other fixtures but when certain fixtures are moved into a "zone" as an example they only do what is setup for them within the "zone" and ignore all other commands/scenes until they are released at which point they continue as per normal.

It would be great to see a feature like this in a future version.
Steffen
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by Steffen »

I think that this behaviour could be achieved by implementing a "lock" mechanism. I am asking for such a feature since Daslight 3:

I want to set a fixture/beam to a specific value and then lock it. Until I unlock it, this fixture/beam won't be changed by anything.
Benno

Post by Benno »

Have you got a demo file or video on how to do this as I can't seem to make it work?

We are working on the Show Mode section of the user manual which should be available soon.
Benno
--
Product Support
waynehaffenden

Post by waynehaffenden »

Steffen summed it up perfectly. Would be good to see the manual, hoping this will show me how to do this.