The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Tueftler2000
Operating System: Windows

Bugs + Scene release

Post by Tueftler2000 »

Hi,
Some bugs that I have found:
-when I use a Matrix or Pixel effect on the sunstrip active dmx fixture only the first step gets generated.
-when I play a scene very fast I noticed that the preview window starts to stutter (I hope thats the right word for it) a little bit.

Scene release:
Is there a way that i can prioritize scenes?
I have the problem that I have two scenes both are using the same channels (pan/tilt). One is just a static position and the other is an tilt movement. So when I select first the static position scene with pan and tilt positions and then use the tilt movement scene to change the tilt values it works fine, but when I want to use another static position scene the tilt chanel gets not overwritten again from the tilt movement scene so I have to disable and enabel it again. Is where a way to solve that?
I hope you can understand what i meant.
TomHat

Re: Bugs + Scene release

Post by TomHat »

Hey Tueftler2000,

Thanks fo the feedback, the bugs you reported have been forwarded to the right people.

Regarding scene priorities, it's simple : latest takes priority. The latest scene started SHOULD override all active channels values. Could you please send me your show file so that I can see for myself what's not going right ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Tueftler2000

Post by Tueftler2000 »

Hi,
You just answered my question with the scene priority. Is where a way to overcome that so that the last activated scene does not override the active channels?
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

I'm glad I could help you :wink:
A good way I can think of is the HTP mode that allows you to play the highest value of 2 scenes on a channel. But that would only help if the values you want to keep are higher than the others.

Or (not as simple), you could divide each scene so that : one part only contains Pan/Tilt values and the other contains all other values.
Example :
Instead of having Scene(A) containing all values, have Scene(A1) with Pan/Tilt values only and Scene(A2) with all others. So that you could play Scene(A2) whenever without affecting values to Pan/Tilt.

I don't know if this example is clear enough.

Hope this helps !

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Tueftler2000

Post by Tueftler2000 »

Hi,
Thanks i think that are good options I will try out later. Splitting the scene should make it for what i am wanting to do.