Re-arranging Layout & Other features

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

MattCowley
Operating System: Windows

Re-arranging Layout & Other features

Post by MattCowley »

Hey,

So I'm loving the software (I used to use Vista) and there are a few things that I would love to see in this that Vista has.

1. I would love the have the bottom right window, the layout of fixtures as my main top window, therefor perhaps just make it possible to move around all the windows to the users liking.

2. Fixture position, a great thing again that Vista has is that with any moving head, on the above mentioned layout, the icon shows a rough direction of the heads position, and I would love to see this in this software.

3. Grid snapping, in the above mentioned layout, one thing that annoys me is that the fixtures have no grid that they can snap to, and I would again love to see this added as an option for grid snapping.

Thanks for the great software so far, please let me know if these are already in existence and I haven't found them.

Matt.
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Re: Re-arranging Layout & Other features

Post by Jp »

Hi Matt

1. It's already possible: there is a button in the bottom left part of the software, on the left of the family tabs which can be use to dock/undock the bottom part of the software. It's also available in show mode to undo it ;) I've added a screenshot..

2. We'll add it to our idea list but there is a 3D Visualizer already available for that ;)

3. Yes, other users have already asked for it, it's already in our ideas list :)
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
dock_undock.png (38.68 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock