Beta-6 Bugs

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

chucksampson

Beta-6 Bugs

Post by chucksampson »

Hi!

Here's a few things I have seen in Beta-6:

1. In both EDIT and LIVE Mode, when you have a large number of scenes and you click on a scene, the window scrolls right to the beginning of the next scene group. It would be nice if this scroll didn’t happen.

2. There is an error with the FX generator, after generating a few scenes it sometimes gets stuck and the color CYAN overrides the background and/or the foreground color. Any additional scenes generated with the FX generator will have cyan mixed in until you restart Daslight.

3. I have a group of scenes that are all set to group release. However, when switching back and forth between LIVE and EDIT modes, I often somehow end up with multiples scenes in the same group running simultaneously in LIVE mode even though it seems this shouldn’t happen.

4. The effects generator still crashes occasionally. I have seen it happen with Matrix -> Bouncing and Matrix -> Sweep.

5. In the effects generator if you set the opacity of the background color to 0, you can see both effects overlap in the preview window. However, when you generate the scene, the generated steps don’t take into account the opacity of the background color (and doesn’t look like it does in the preview). I was building the scenes with two overlapping Matrix -> Knightrider windows.

6. WISH LIST: I think somebody has already mentioned this but it would be nice to be have a master speed control (like there is a master dimmer) in SHOW mode. It would be preferable if this master slider worked in conjunction with the values set on the speed slider that is associated with each scene and not just replace it (perhaps multiply their values).

Thanks!

Chuck
chucksampson

Re: Beta-6 Bugs

Post by chucksampson »

7. When you have make changes to a DVC file and choose NEW or OPEN, it will ask you if you want to SAVE the file before losing your changes. If you open a new file with OPEN RECENT, it doesn’t pop up the SAVE dialog box if changes have been made and will let you lose your changes.

8. In the Matrix->Rainbow effects generator, if the window only covers fixtures that are in Universe 2 (and no fixtures in Universe 1 are selected by the matrix window) it doesn’t work. Specifically, only one step is generated in the scene. If the window covers universe 1 or universe 1 and 2 fixtures it works fine with multiple steps generated to produce the rainbow pattern. I didn't test this with other effects besides "Rainbow".
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Hi

Thanks for the feedback :)

1. We may try to improve it in future releases ;)
2. Nice one, I don't know where it comes from but I find something interesting... Can you check that the "New Scene" checkbox is checked ? It's unchecked itself (will be solved for next version) which, with next effect generation, may lead to your problem...
3. Yes in editor we don't check a couple of parameters before playing the scenes, we'll find a fix for that
4. Will be much better for the next release
5. Just fixed that :)
6. Done, added to the ideas list
7. Fixed
8. Fixed as well :)
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
chucksampson

Post by chucksampson »

Thanks! :)
Steffen
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by Steffen »

9.: When I select multiple lights while holding [Ctrl], they are numbered in ascending order. If I save those fixtures as a group with the small [+] on the left side, the order is not saved. When I recall the group, the ordering seems to be the same as in the patch window.
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi
thanks for the feedback, it will be fixed in the next version ;)
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
Cris

Post by Cris »

Hi

it is possible for the lamps (as squares are shown) to move to apartments, it works well if I only one type of fixture've patched, if I have one or more fixture to patch then I can only all move

and it seems convenient that you can place them so as they hang out in real life in the truss (seen from above than)

gr cris

ps. excuse my english
Ondeth

Post by Ondeth »

+1 for the master speed dimmer - I would reeeally appreciate this dimmer, it's one of the things I miss in DVC4 :mrgreen:

Another "bug" I think :
[10]
Is it possible that the BPM Counter is still having some problems? (instead of the pulse Counter which is working fine).
Currently I'm getting 90 bpm for each song,independent of it's "true" bpm of 80, 110, 140 etc

[11]
A small thing : In the german translation, I would change the "preferences" translation (which is "Vorlieben" - chocolate ice cream for example is my "Vorliebe" of all ice cream flavors) to "Einstellungen".
In my opinion, "Vorlieben" doesn't go well with the options window .
Jp

Post by Jp »

Thanks for the feedback :)

I'll see what I can do for the german translation :)

Regarding your BPM issue, I'll talk to the person who manage this on Tuesday (i know that he already did some changes) but did you tried the version "for midi lovers" ? Another thing is, which OS are you running, Windows or Mac ? (you can even set it in your forum account so i'll see it for next time ;) )

JRock
Ondeth

Post by Ondeth »

Yeah I already tried this version ;)

Windows (7 and 10), I'll add it to my profile page :)

---

[12]
Another thing I've found during the last week (with the "midi-lover"-version) :

When I try to close DVC4, it crashes :D Not always, but randomly (7 times in 23 attempts - those 7 times have nothing in common I think, sometimes I've tested my latest show, another time I simply opened and closed DVC4 or checked something in the options window)
I've already sent a bug report, but a few minutes ago I tried to debug DVC4 with my copy of Visual Studio 2015, getting this error report when crashing, maybe it helps ("Corrupted heap") :
Attachments
DVC4-11-3-error-1.PNG
DVC4-11-3-error-1.PNG (9.46 KiB) Viewed 28802 times
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hey

Yes we found and fixed the crash on exit for the next version ;)

Nice try, but we don't use Visual 2015 and it's related to the Midi and the threads we are using...
Last edited by Jp on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

JRock
Ondeth

Post by Ondeth »

Okay thanks :wink:
Haha okay :D Didn't know, was a spontaneous idea & hoped I could help somehow :oops: :D
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

[13] When I change a scene from "loop" to "jump to next scene", daslight crashes when I try to save the project. It was the only change after loading a project and save it again. (Midi-Version on Windows)
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi steffen

Thanks for the feedback, it will be fixed in the next version :)

JRock
luck6k

Post by luck6k »

just having a go with daslight 4 and having 4 movers pached and selected they doing everything manually (even moving) but once im trying effects generator pan tilt only first one moves all of them are selected in window on right and in effect generator even tried one by one still only first one works when selected none of the others also tried new install on different mac still same... not moving in easyview neither live