Feature Request: Midi Lights on Start-up

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

waynehaffenden

Feature Request: Midi Lights on Start-up

Post by waynehaffenden »

Hi Guys,

So far you're doing a fantastic job on the new Daslight software and I appreciate that your thoughts are mostly focused on squishing bugs at the moment so here's an idea for the future if at all possible.

I'm using the APC Midi controller so this might differ for others but the concept is the same. I would like to setup visual clues via LEDs on my midi controller to help me remember where I've placed various scene triggers etc and of cause to see where various buttons actually are in dark environments, which we can now do in the latest version of Daslight, perfect!

However, when first starting Daslight and connecting the midi controller there are no lights of cause as no midi commands have yet been triggered, I totally get this, however it means that I don't get any 'Off' state buttons until I've triggered each button individually and then for non-flash buttons re-triggered each button to put them in the 'Off' state.

I'm not sure if it would be possible to have an option in the settings that when 'ticked' it will send all the 'Off' midi out commands at Daslight start-up to the midi controller to light it all up in it's default 'Off' states and I'm probably guessing 'On' states too if scenes are able to be left enabled on start-up? This means that before your "show" starts your midi controller is all lit up ready to go!

Would love to hear what others think of this idea?

Wayne
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Re: Feature Request: Midi Lights on Start-up

Post by Jp »

Hi Wayne

That seems like a good idea ;)

I don't think lighting everything up at startup would be a good idea though. What about sending the corresponding "Off" states when loading a show ? It should be enough no ?
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
waynehaffenden

Re: Feature Request: Midi Lights on Start-up

Post by waynehaffenden »

Hi Jp,

This would in fact make a lot more sense, especially if you had several show "save" files. Would be perfect!

Wayne