Beta / Cameo Superfly HP / Moonflower HP

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Nummer7
Operating System: Mac OS X

Beta / Cameo Superfly HP / Moonflower HP

Post by Nummer7 »

Hi, I am testing the Beta-Version of daslight 4 March 08. I am not familiar with previous versions of your software.

When I want to patch my fixtures I run into a problem with the Cameo Superfly HP. In 5 channel mode on channel 1 should be the color selection. But this is not shown in the windows bottom right - the fixture remains black.
Not sure if this is a bug or due to an incomplete SSL2 file.

I do not find a file for the Cameo Moonflower HP. Will that be included in the final version? The manual: http://adamhall.invaliddomain.de/out/media/downloads/MARKEN/CAMEO/CLFLOWERHP/CLFLOWERHP_Cameo_Bedienungsanleitung_EN_DE_FR_ES_PL_IT.pdf.pdf

And BTW: it would be helpful if you include the "Cameo" brand in the fixture names, otherwise a search for "Cameo" returns no results.

Thanks
Andreas
---
Daslight 4 on Mac and Windows
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Re: Beta / Cameo Superfly HP / Moonflower HP

Post by Jp »

Hi

I tried with the superfly hd in mode 2. The 4th channel seems to be a linear dimmer. You won't have a color it's value is 0.
There is a "beam on" button on top of the bottom right part which may be useful in your case ;)

You can the list of available SSL files in our web store. If your fixture is not there, you can ask for it:
http://store.daslight.com/fr/ssl

Regarding the search, you can search by fixture name or brand name by clicking on the magnifying glass next to the search field ;)
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
Nummer7

Post by Nummer7 »

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply.

I am aware of the fader on channel 4. With it turned on, it gives one color of light, but I am not able to change the color with channel 1. And yes, beam is turned on (BTW: in German the labels of the mouse over seem to be mixed up - with the "x" it should read "Beam aus", with the Beams it should be "Beam an" I guess). Is this a bug in the beta version or should that be fixed in the SSL?

Thanks for the tip regarding the feature with the magnifying glass. With middle grey text on dark grey background almost unreadable, but handy ;-)
Andreas
---
Jp

Post by Jp »

Yes sorry i know about the magnifying glass, i'll fix that when i have the time...

For the color, sorry i didn't understood. It's a problem with the SSL file, when the colors are defined, there is no wheel with colors on top of the faders, there is an image with the right color ;)
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
Nummer7

Post by Nummer7 »

Do you have that fixed or do I have to make a request in the SSL center?
Andreas
---
Jp

Post by Jp »

Well you can make a request for it, or do it yourself with the Scanlibrary editor which is available in the daslight 4 setup if you want it quickly ;)

JRock
Nummer7

Post by Nummer7 »

I submitted it, so also other users can profit once it is updated.

When I look in the Scanlibrary Editor, channel 1 seems to be defined correctly (except that it has a "?" as symbol), but there is an error on the drum rotation on channel 2 "missing a barrel pan type preset" - maybe this is leading to the misbeavior?
Andreas
---
Jp

Post by Jp »

I just look, i'm not sure the colors are defined correctly: the preset is called red but i think (i don't know scan library very well) that there should be a color icon near the name...

JRock
Nummer7

Post by Nummer7 »

Thanks JP, I will wait for your specialized colleagues to come up with a corrected SSL2 file.
Have a great weekend!
Andreas
---