FX Generator for moving fixtures

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

djcode

FX Generator for moving fixtures

Post by djcode »

It seems like the FX generator hasn't been fixed yet for moving heads unless I'm doing something wrong in making the FX. Any suggestions? Running the most recent beta currently. Thanks!

-DJ Code
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Re: FX Generator for moving fixtures

Post by Jp »

Hi hum which one ?
The improvements are all in family mode, not general for now, if it helps...
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
djcode

Post by djcode »

None of the pan/tilt, pixel, and color matrix FX are not working properly, and when moving the rectangle over the fixtures it does not activate the colors and gobos on them, it just pulses a white light. Thanks!

-DJ Code
Jp

Post by Jp »

Okay, which fixture do you use ?
Last edited by Jp on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
djcode

Post by djcode »

I use Martin Mania SCX500s. Thanks!
Jp

Post by Jp »

There is a problem using PT effects in general, i'll check that tomorrow morning. But except that, I can add a PT effect for them in the family tab, and assign a curve effect to the color channel, works fine.
You won't be able to use curve effects in color channel, because we don't allow curve effects on any other channels than RGB, CMY, Pan, Tilt and Dimmer. We will discuss about that in the next big versions but it won't be available soon.
Regarding the color effects, they must be applied with fixtures with CMY/RGB channels, not color presets. Like before, it will be under discussion for the next big version but not right now.

Hope it helps :)

JRock
djcode

Post by djcode »

Ok, so for the color wheel in my Martins, I'd be better off setting the fader to that color or just to the random color setting? Then for the pan/tilt would it be best to do that from the faders for each step? So at the end of the day fixtures that aren't LED RGB, and still use lamps will have a tougher time to program than say like Chauvet Intimidators? Thanks again for the help!

-DJ Code
Jp

Post by Jp »

Regarding the color wheels sadly yes. The color mixing effects were never made for color presets due to a number of reason. First you may not have all the colors you want in each fixture (with different models). Then what about dimmer, do we use the dimmer of the fixture, shutter or iris ? Won't it override another effect/value which sets the same channel ? Worst, how about fades, every effect must have a gradient parameter to remove it etc.. I'm not saying it's impossible, but yeah there's a lot more things to think about than just sending RGB values or converting them to CMY :?

For the pan tilt, i'll fix it and will send you a PM about it.

JRock
Steffen
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by Steffen »

I have a similar problem with a simple laser fixture. It's the "Lightmaxx Club 4 Laser". I want to use the Y-Position fader to move up an down in a sine wave pattern. But it doesn't work. It doesn't matter which target channel I select, evertime only the first channel is affected.

Please allow us users to add an curve effect to any channel. It should be up to us if this setting works with our fixtures or not.
Jp

Post by Jp »

Sounds like a known bug...

Did you tried the version available here:
http://www.daslight.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2231

It's the latest

JRock
Steffen
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by Steffen »

Jp wrote:Sounds like a known bug...

Did you tried the version available here:
http://www.daslight.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2231

It's the latest

Sorry, didn't mention it: yes, it was the Midi-Version on MacOS X. I'll try it with the new Beta 7 and create a new post, if the bug still exists.