Is Daslight 4 able to handle crossfades?

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

aquinas7

Is Daslight 4 able to handle crossfades?

Post by aquinas7 »

I got the interface, loaded the software, connected all the dmx devices, and have been setting up initial scenes, and I really like the setup...

But... (there's always a "but", isn't there?) I really need to do a crossfade between a couple of the scenes and I can't seem to find the easy way (I really think there has to be one) to do it.

Running on a Dell i7 laptop, using a mass of Strand DMX controllers, and an assortment of pars, ellipsoidals, strips, and a few multichannel smart lights. All the cabling is good, all the devices are working, I just have this one configuration step for which I am still trying to find an answer.

PLEASE HELP :)
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Re: Is Daslight 4 able to handle crossfades?

Post by Jp »

Hi
What do you mean by cross fade ? In edition, in the scene properties, you have access to fade in/out of scenes. You also have access to the jump mode dialog. You can use both to do what I think you want to do...
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
aquinas7

Post by aquinas7 »

Well, I want to create two scenes on the stage - upstage left and downstage right, and as one scene fades to black the other fades in. I have tried to use the scene fade controls with little success, so I figure I am just doing something incorrectly.

Previously I would do this with the older board that is at this facility, which has two scenes of sliders with two sub masters that handle that action. That is not an option now, and the computer that was running the older software is buggy when it actually boots, so I got this interface (DVC4) and am using my laptop, etc.

Friday night I connected the DVC4 to the house DMX and verified the condition of the dimmer packs and lights. I can make it work with more of a cut from scene to scene, but there are places in this show where that is less than artistic.
aquinas7

Post by aquinas7 »

OK, I figured out what I was doing wrong on the crossfades, so that is no longer an issue. helps if you try it in the right mode... :roll:

Love this stuff, the more I toy with it, the more I think it can handle. :D

Tomorrow I'm going to finish a draft of the upcoming show, and then see if I can get it to run in stand alone, PC, and wifi/tablet control modes, all of which have worked in my shop, so fingers crossed that it will work at the venue!