Problem with MIDI Keyboard

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DjCoppermine

Problem with MIDI Keyboard

Post by DjCoppermine »

Hello,

I have a MIDI problem with Daslight 4. I connected a USB MIDI-Keyboard to my PC.
I created a Scene, selected the Midi-Trigger and pressed a key on the MIDI-Keyboard - everything OK.
But now, in Live-Mode, I can´t switch the Scene to permanently on. If I press the patched key on my MIDI-Keyboard, the Scene
starts, but if I release the key, the Scene stops. It is like a Flash-Scene, but Flash is not activated in the Scene-Editior.
If I go back to the Edit-Mode and select in the MIDI-Trigger "Enable Midi Release" with the Value 127 it will work in the Edit-Mode. If I press
the Key, the Scene starts and if I press the Key again, the Scene stopps. But only in Edit-Mode. In Live-Mode it work only like a Flash-Scene again.
If I look in the Daslight 4 MIDI-Monitor the Keyboard send "Note On" on pressing a key, and "Note off" on releasing a key. But I have no Software for the Keyboard to shut the "Note off" off.
Is there a bug or something wrong in my Daslight 4 or Scene settings?

In DVC 3 with the same PC, the same MIDI-Keyboard ist everything fine in Live-Mode. On pressing the Key, the Scene start and stay on. Pressing
again shuts the Scene off.

(Sorry for my English :) )

Regards from Germany
Stefan Neumann
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Re: Problem with MIDI Keyboard

Post by Jp »

Hi

Sorry there seems to be a bug with the way we handle MIDI OFF messages, it will be fixed for the next release.
In the meantime, if you can configure your keyboard to send a NOTE ON with value 0 it will work...
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
DjCoppermine

Re: Problem with MIDI Keyboard

Post by DjCoppermine »

Hi Jp,

thanks for your reply. I can´t configure my Midi-Keyboard - there is no software for it.
I will wait for the next release :)

Regards
Stefan Neumann