Feature Request DasLight 4 Limit Pan-Tilt / Define Room

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

nano_cube

Feature Request DasLight 4 Limit Pan-Tilt / Define Room

Post by nano_cube »

Hey guys,

for my current Projects it would be very nice to limit my moving heads or defining a room as a maximum. I thought about a feature, to move every fixture to the edges of the room and then t use this to generate circles or something similar within this room. Actually it is very hard to define a circle, moving as a circle on the bottom without moving out of the wished area.

Is this a feature you're working on or thinking about?
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Hi
There is nothing planned exactly like this. One thing missing from DVC3 though is the ability to move/resize the rect in which the pan/tilt effect act and even that is not currently planned. We'll think about it for future versions ;)
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
paulm12
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: Feature Request DasLight 4 Limit Pan-Tilt / Define Room

Post by paulm12 »

The lack of this feature makes using DASLight4/MyDMX3 impractical for use as a mobile DJ. This means we not only have to edit all of our movement patterns/scenes for EVERY venue, but we have to re-generate them because the equations & curves are not generated in realtime (they are saved as steps). As someone who rarely visits the same venue twice, it takes hours each time to get the same movement patterns to be suitable for a different room. Allowing one to set "bounding boxes" for pan & tilt would mean when setting up, we just adjust the bounding boxes for each light/fixture group and then all the moves we know and love could be used. See an example below:
Here is an example of how it can be implemented: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIXcYf1z4tI