COmbining scenes in live mode

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

baasie

COmbining scenes in live mode

Post by baasie »

Hello all,

I just bought the DVC Fun, and with the Beta 4 i am trying to combine scnes from different groups together. In DVC 3 this was working, but now in 4, even with release mode off or set to group it doesn't work. It does show 2 scenes selected, but the first scene will shut off for some reason.

Anyone have a solution or is this a bug ?

regards,

Kenny
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Hi

It's weird, can you PM me your show file ? I'll look into it.
Thanks
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
djcode

Post by djcode »

I am having the very same issue with my show. Not related to this topic but Im having an issue generating scenes in the current version, I cant move the box with the effect over the fixtures either at all or only one fixture lights up of the group I select.
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi everyone

Regarding the multi scene playing bug in live, you can't run scenes that uses the same channels at the same time. In editor, you can check that by verifying that all channels not used by your scenes are off. In the show djcode sent me for example, both scenes have the channels channels ON so it does not work, even if the value is 0.

Regarding the effects, it's a lot more tricky. When you use a Rect effect, i disable the move of fixtures. Right now it's not very well done, as if you have a rect effect running on rgbs, you won't be able to move anything else :/ we will fix that in future versions as well as other bugs related...

Oh and another thing, right now you can't apply an effect to another family so for multi family, use the general tab...

Hope this helps, thanks for the feedback ;)
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
djcode

Post by djcode »

Do you recommend I rebuild my show, or wait till the software becomes official?
Jp

Post by Jp »

All you have to do is check each scene in edit mode, and put to "off" each channel that is not used by the scene and it will work ;)

Regarding the effects, I recommand you to use only the general tab...

JRock
djcode

Post by djcode »

ok great thanks! This might help solve an issue where a few of my lasers aren't being picked up by the pulse detection. I like that better than BPM detection for better results visually. :D
djcode

Post by djcode »

I ended up deleting all the Scenes I made with Daslight 3 and it fixed it, but now I cant recreate those scenes now since the generator isnt working properly yet. :? The good news is none of the fixtures are conflicting with each other anymore.
Jp

Post by Jp »

You imported your show directly from DVC3 ? Can you send me this one ? there might be a bug with the show import, we'll check that.

JRock
djcode

Post by djcode »

The only thing that isnt working for me right now is creating scenes for moving heads like my martin mania scx500s. All other lights are working as they should. I found its and issue with the color matrix and pan/tilt effects conflicting with each other.
baasie

Re: COmbining scenes in live mode

Post by baasie »

Hi All, and especially JP.

Sorry i was away for a long time. Finally got my DVC fun, and as mentionend in the post, Importing a DVC 3 into 4 i had the problem. Since i just had a few scenes i just started fresh and it worked.

Sorry for the long wait!